TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

maps gone nuts

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by srram, Mar 23, 2015.

1. srram

srram Member

Depending on how much I have zoomed in, this is what my map now looks like.

New software pushes IMO are much poorer quality. FullSizeRender.jpg

2. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Yeah, there's a bug in 6.1 where the route overlay isn't being redrawn correctly on the map tiles... if you change the zoom, it will redraw on a different set of map tiles correctly. Definitely report it to Tesla, as each bug report is counted.

3. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

This bug has been around since v6.0, and it's annoying as hell. For me, v6.1 makes it occur a lot less frequent, but still there. A reboot always fixes it temporarily.

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Yes, it is annoying, along with some of the crazy routes it tries to send me on. I was just in a completely unfamiliar area using the NAV and it was sending me all over the place. But since I didn't know the area, I didn't realize it until after I had gotten to the destination and then could clearly see that were more direct and shorter routes. It does it all the time and makes me crazy. One thing I do like, however, is that it remembers how I typically drive a route, though there may be other options that could be better, and it routes me they way I want to go after I have driven it a couple of times, even if I am not using the NAV on particular routes and then do use it later. It also seems to get the hint pretty quickly when I ignore its route and usually recalcs very quickly. Though yesterday it didn't...

And we desperately need alternate routing choices and waypoints! My 8YO Acura has that.