Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

maps gone nuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depending on how much I have zoomed in, this is what my map now looks like.

New software pushes IMO are much poorer quality.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Yeah, there's a bug in 6.1 where the route overlay isn't being redrawn correctly on the map tiles... if you change the zoom, it will redraw on a different set of map tiles correctly. Definitely report it to Tesla, as each bug report is counted.

Yes, it is annoying, along with some of the crazy routes it tries to send me on. I was just in a completely unfamiliar area using the NAV and it was sending me all over the place. But since I didn't know the area, I didn't realize it until after I had gotten to the destination and then could clearly see that were more direct and shorter routes. It does it all the time and makes me crazy. One thing I do like, however, is that it remembers how I typically drive a route, though there may be other options that could be better, and it routes me they way I want to go after I have driven it a couple of times, even if I am not using the NAV on particular routes and then do use it later. It also seems to get the hint pretty quickly when I ignore its route and usually recalcs very quickly. Though yesterday it didn't...

And we desperately need alternate routing choices and waypoints! My 8YO Acura has that.