Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps: no more supercharger display all the time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

geordi

Mr Fusion V.1
Jun 14, 2022
Connecticut
Prior to updating to 2022.36.1, the map would let you "turn on" the supercharger location in the same way that you could turn on or off the traffic display or satellite view - by selecting the button in the right-hand column menu.

It would bring up the menu of supercharger locations too, but you could dismiss that and the red circles would stay on the map and populate as the map moved. Why was this removed, or if not... How do I get this back? I like having it enabled to see where locations might be as I travel.

I am on FSD Beta, so I am still in the 20 series...But, there are three ways to show superchargers on the map. One is the lightning bolt on the right side of the screen. Two is press Navigation, Charging. Three is say "Show chargers", "Tesla Superchargers", "Where are superchargers", etc.

Reactions: geordi
Just tried that - same result.

There's nothing on the Navigation page about chargers. Saying "show superchargers" only presents the list and again, when you dismiss the list they all vanish from the map.

2022-10-22 18-02-46.jpeg

Saying "show superchargers" does this:

2022-10-22 18-02-22.jpeg

But then dismissing the list - NORMALLY the red circles would stay on the map. But now.... (There's a charger right next to this Home Depot)

2022-10-22 18-02-14.jpeg

So unfortunately... no, it seems like they deleted this from the mapping for reasons that make no sense.

Attachments

• 2022-10-22 18-02-22.jpeg
    2022-10-22 18-02-22.jpeg
    458.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 2022-10-22 18-02-14.jpeg
    2022-10-22 18-02-14.jpeg
    717.9 KB · Views: 38
No - thats my point. I hit that lightning bolt, and the list of chargers comes up and blocks half the map like in the picture. Dismiss the list - and previously the mapped locations would stay on. They do not any longer.

The lightning bolt either has the list up, or it is light grey / turned off. Nothing else that I've found.

I just checked mine and it shows what geordi says. If you just highlight the 3 lighting bolts then only the super charges show up. It would be nice to not have to have the list show up all the time like geordi says. Tesla always knows what we should have....lol

I imagine this will be fixed "at some point in the future". I guess I can look forward to this "feature" when FSD Beta uses this as base code in a couple of months. My SiriusXM was nearly working for a few software revisions until the current one. NO Favorites or Recent channels retained, so every channel must be manually found every time I want to listen.

I didn't see the 36.5 update, but got 36.6 while I was on this road trip. Installed this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see that they DID INDEED fix this, and the droplets are now persisting on the map again as they were before.

Reactions: Rascoe