TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Maps on Center Console Loading Slower

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by iffatall, Apr 19, 2017.

1. iffatall

iffatall Member

Lately, I am observing a slow down in the loading of maps on the center console.
    I am observing too many gray checkered boxes lately. They appear often while driving, with no touch input made. Sometimes even an area that is already loaded disappears randomly, and then takes a while to reload. Also, I noticed that it takes longer to load after zooming in and out.
    LTE signal strength seems normal, and I drive the same route to work every day. I do not think the issue has anything to do with poor reception, and have a feeling this started after the 8.1 upgrade.

Anyone else see this?

2. sgmorton

sgmorton Member

I also noticed this.

3. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

When this happens, the two most likely causes are with the onboard software or with the 3G/LTE network & server access.

When this happens, you can eliminate the onboard software as a cause by rebooting the console processor (holding down both scroll wheel buttons on the steering wheel).

And after the software has rebooted, if the problem continues, then it's most likely with either AT&T's network or the map server. And if this persists for an extended period, call Tesla's support line and report the problem.

4. Doug4650

Doug4650 Member

I was having troubles as well and did the re-boot. Problem was that the touchscreen froze and didn't come back for minutes. I called the service center. They didn't see any problem. But they pushed 17.14.23 and everything has been better for the last 2 days.

5. Jlwine

Jlwine Member

Yes, I have had the exact same problem since 17.11.10 was loaded.

6. DA808EV

DA808EV Member

Same issue here. I've noticed it as well after the last update.