Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps showing up very very slow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hoping someone has some advice for me. i live in a condo in LA where i mostly park underground with no cell or wifi coverage. as a result, its hard to get updates. i also work from home. every once in a while, i try and park in front of the building (has to be right in front) to catch the wifi to update. but i never know when they are coming, and often dont see the updates. about 6 months ago, tesla serviced my car and put a major update on the car. ever since then , i swear my maps have been TERRIBLE in updating, and showing traffic. i timed it today and it literally takes 25-30 seconds to show the map and traffic all three times. i dont remember it taking this long before. is this normal?

ive been chatting with tesla online and they checked my logs and told me im pretty up to date in my updates. they told me to do a hard reset, hold scroll buttons down for about 30 seconds until the T comes back up. i did that today and still takes 25-30 seconds for the maps.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

hoping someone has some advice for me. i live in a condo in LA where i mostly park underground with no cell or wifi coverage. as a result, its hard to get updates. i also work from home. every once in a while, i try and park in front of the building (has to be right in front) to catch the wifi to update. but i never know when they are coming, and often dont see the updates. about 6 months ago, tesla serviced my car and put a major update on the car. ever since then , i swear my maps have been TERRIBLE in updating, and showing traffic. i timed it today and it literally takes 25-30 seconds to show the map and traffic all three times. i dont remember it taking this long before. is this normal?

ive been chatting with tesla online and they checked my logs and told me im pretty up to date in my updates. they told me to do a hard reset, hold scroll buttons down for about 30 seconds until the T comes back up. i did that today and still takes 25-30 seconds for the maps.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hi,
I use this page to know about new updates being sent out: TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Can you explain what you tested? Maps are always loaded and ready from my previous drive and update progressively as I move with the car, and I don't notice the update as there is no blank tiles or loss of map. (Unless I'm in some twilight zone where there is no coverage).

Maybe another idea: I use the satellite view, as it is indeed less intensive to generate. I've come to prefer (more colours :)) since they removed the blue and green on the standard map.

when i press the map button to show maps, to zoom in to where im looking more closely, i start the timer. there is a red arrow only with ALL blank tiles. it takes about 20 seconds for the tiles to fill in, and then another 5-7 seconds or so for traffic colors to show up. im in the los angeles area so in a very busy area.

3G or LTE? Is the slowness anywhere/everywhere around town or just at your condo? I have a 3G MCU1 car and zooming in has always been “slow” for me. Traffic updates are compute intensive for MCU1 (refer to the thread about improving browser response by turning off real-time traffic) so slowness in seeing the red lines for LA traffic def normal. :)