TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

maps - traffic info

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by PhilBa, Aug 9, 2013.

1. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

So I got caught in a massive traffic jam on I5 the other night. Construction and an accident totally jammed the freeway. Maps show a short yellow segment (somewhat slower speed) for about 1/4 mile and the rest was green. The reality was a 3 mile stop and go segment - it should have been solid black and a lot longer. I tried switching between traffic on and off, switch between sat and map view. Nothing cause the map to show the truth. My phone's google maps, showed the correct traffic conditions so the data was there. In general, the traffic maps in my Tesla have been correct up til now. Is this a newly introduced problem with .61 (updated about a week ago) or something else?

2. deonb

deonb Active Member

Pan the segment out of view and pan it back in - that causes traffic info to update.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Waze might be useful on your phone until they improve this if you have that.