Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps, traffic issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else experiencing an issue with traffic data displaying on their maps? I have to zoom in and zoom out to “update” my map at times for traffic to appear. For reference I’m on 21.9

Attachments

• 99E6D079-E55C-448D-B3B7-471F7226E8DF.jpeg
    99E6D079-E55C-448D-B3B7-471F7226E8DF.jpeg
    631.7 KB · Views: 142
  • B65AB04C-4CBA-456E-8DA4-8FFC7330C9F7.jpeg
    B65AB04C-4CBA-456E-8DA4-8FFC7330C9F7.jpeg
    372.7 KB · Views: 109
Ive been double checking it with my phone and find that it's not updated sometimes for many hours. Is Tesla trying to save $$$ by scrimping on the data delivered??? I'd be more than happy to pay for a data plan to make it more reliable.

Ive been double checking it with my phone and find that it's not updated sometimes for many hours. Is Tesla trying to save $$$ by scrimping on the data delivered??? I'd be more than happy to pay for a data plan to make it more reliable.

I think it's a display issue, not a download issue. For me I find I zoom in or out and the traffic updates, but often when I return to the original zoom level it displays the outdated traffic again.

I'm pretty sure they use Google maps for the traffic. It's not 100% accurate but a gauge.

Yes, but Tesla controls the rate and frequency of the updating of the data.

I find that different zoom levels also do not agree. So some zoom levels update while others stay stagnant. They do not update unless you zoom way out and then back in or reboot the center screen. firmware 24.1

have you guys looked at the thread for Waze? A guy built an updated page that shows live traffic and icons from Waze. May be of help. Also Google gets its traffic from Waze and other sources. Since google owns waze, why not get it from the source?
I know its not as nice for routing, but better IMO.

I live in the San Jose, CA and the area is surrounded by hills and mountains. I've found that when going out of the urban area the map disappears or doesn't update for a while. This is pretty frustrating if I'm out for a Sunday drive exploring and want to see where some back road goes. This has happened every time I'm a just a few miles out of the San Jose. Any ideas why this is happening? Can I expect this to happen every time I go for a drive???

Nav traffic problems. My car lead me straight into a traffic jam last night. The highway was green on the map screen, then I turn onto the entrance ramp and low and behold - the highway is a bumper to bumper traffic jam. I zoom the map in and out a little and it refreshes and the whole highway turns red. This is a repeated flaw that keeps happening. I'm on 26.3. Anyone else? This rarely happened to me when I just used the google maps app on my phone. Isn't tesla using that same data?