Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps, traffic issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sat in my work parking lot and watched the traffic refresh, it does appear to take a while (over five minutes easily).

The routing issue that @slipnslider has could be because they have the time saved reroute set to the default of 10 minutes, maybe bump it down to 5 or less and see if it gives you different routes while driving?

If it is already set lower, then I dunno...

I have monitored this, and without intervention at the standard zoom level, your traffic data can be DAYS old unless refreshed with a reboot or ?????.
I just got my car yesterday, so I'll be keeping an eye on traffic status at work (where it is easiest for me to verify) or home on weekends (all those folks going to OBX from north pass right by me). Does the map auto zoom in and out for you guys?

I just got my car yesterday, so I'll be keeping an eye on traffic status at work (where it is easiest for me to verify) or home on weekends (all those folks going to OBX from north pass right by me). Does the map auto zoom in and out for you guys?

Yes, but it seems to eventually permanently zoom out to a ridiculously wide angle even when going slow/stopped and I periodically have to zoom it back in to where I want it.

Turning map data off and on doesn't work for me at all after several tries.
What does work every time is switching back and forth between full window, half window, and back.
What I'm not sure of is if it continues updating automatically after that or is frozen again.

Turning map data off and on doesn't work for me at all after several tries.
What does work every time is switching back and forth between full window, half window, and back.
What I'm not sure of is if it continues updating automatically after that or is frozen again.

Must be different as to what triggers traffic refresh between S and 3. Funny thing is I don't ever remember this happening in my S.