Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wifi or 3G/4G?

I was on 3g stopped at a store when I got back in the car I saw the message. The nav still doesnt know where my house is :(

IMAG1224_zpsemz2qkvm.jpg
(Flag is correct, blue line is where nav stops.)

My car is nov 2014 build.

Is there a way to discover what version of the maps I have? My car was built in September 2015 so maybe it has the latest...?
If not, I'll have to find some place to park it where there is WiFi, as my own WiFi does not reach to my parking space.

Received one today as well, the first time ever!

Congratulations! Next time you have to take 70 into St. Louis, can you see if it recognizes the Musial bridge?

- - - Updated - - -

I was on 3g stopped at a store when I got back in the car I saw the message. The nav still doesnt know where my house is :(
(Flag is correct, blue line is where nav stops.)

My car is nov 2014 build.

I've seen this before, at the St. Augustine Outlets where the superchargers are located. If the road information isn't complete but address information is, it will do this.

I believe you can submit a ticket to [email protected] and ask them to ensure your maps are up to date, especially if you find an anomaly with existing maps. I've done this before and have been told I have the latest maps (although no version information was given to me).

Thanks @FlasherZ. I took your suggestion and contacted Tesla re: the map update. Here's what I just got back.

Hello Mr. Snow,

Thank you for reaching out to Tesla Motors Technical Support.

I am not aware of any changes/updates in the Navigation. However, my colleagues have already submitted your request for a firmware update to your Navigation, if available.

Thanks,

It's been quite a while since I've seen it , but I got a "you're maps are now up to date" notification. I wasnt on wifi at the time.
This is my 1st notification in this car. It's an 89k VIN. Last car was an 34K VIN

Hmmm... odd. I was always under the impression that the maps were downloaded dynamically from Google as they were required; and so would always be up to date.

Hmmm... odd. I was always under the impression that the maps were downloaded dynamically from Google as they were required; and so would always be up to date.
There are two sets of maps. Navigon maps are housed within your MS and used for routing and I believe display on the IC, so your Nav can operate even if there is no internet connection. That route is then used to display upon dynamically downloaded Google Maps for the 17" assuming of course you have an Internet connection -- and hence why some people are upset (in other threads) when the two don't match or a place they are looking for can't be found as a destination in their MS, but show up on Google Maps. The updates everyone is talking about in this thread are for the Navigon version -- similar to what nearly all other mfgrs charge $100-200 each time for annually-produced updates to their onboard mapping and POI database if a customer elects to update them.