Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any way to tell what the latest version of maps your S has? During the week my wife drives our S more to work then I do. So very likely she just hops in starts up, clears any messages and goes.
There is no way to see a maps version for an owner. It has been suggested a SC can via service menus. Only way as suggested earlier in this thread is for an owner to perhaps find something that changed with the latest edition, someone clearly document what that is, and people can then look for that location on their MS to see which version perhaps they have. Yes it's convoluted at best. Tesla needs to build in the owner ability to display maps version, no different than firmware version can be seen via the 17" T.

There is no way to see a maps version for an owner. It has been suggested a SC can via service menus. Only way as suggested earlier in this thread is for an owner to perhaps find something that changed with the latest edition, someone clearly document what that is, and people can then look for that location on their MS to see which version perhaps they have. Yes it's convoluted at best. Tesla needs to build in the owner ability to display maps version, no different than firmware version can be seen via the 17" T.

As far as I'm aware, not even service centers have that capability. Last I was told, the service centers would have to open a case with engineering to check maps version.

Any way to tell what the latest version of maps your S has? During the week my wife drives our S more to work then I do. So very likely she just hops in starts up, clears any messages and goes.

As far as I'm aware, not even service centers have that capability. Last I was told, the service centers would have to open a case with engineering to check maps version.

My wife also drives the Tesla far more than I do, and, like your wife and you, I imagine, is far less excited about all the nuances of it than I am. That being said, I am reasonably confident she would not clear something as unique as a notification about a maps update without at least making a mental note about it so she could tell me about it later if asked.

What I'm getting at is that since your wife loves you, and knows that you love the car, it may be easier for you to "re-program" your wife, rather than hoping that Tesla re-programs the car! :)

As in "Stan the Man" Musial bridge?
Indeed that one. Officially the Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge. It's a new bridge spanning the Mississippi that carries I-70 between Missouri and Illinois.

Before the update, the navigation would go crazy, telling me constantly to turn on surface streets in East St Louis.

For those wondering if they got it, there's another way for this particular update. When you approach an exit on the interstate, the car displays a little graphic showing the exit sign and a big arrow on the lane you should be in. (I really wish I could turn this off, but anyway....) In older versions, that big arrow is green. With the update, it's blue. I doubt they're going to change colors every time so this probably won't work for the next one, but it's a way to tell here.