TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Maps went Blank today - Atlanta Area

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by markn455, Jul 7, 2016.

1. markn455

markn455 Member

This afternoon when traveling from Cobb county to me residence in North Georgia, the maps stopped updating. Navigation however continued to work. Just no Google maps on the 17 inch screen. I submitted a bug report followed by a reboot of the screen. Nothing for the next couple of hours. The maps were still non-existent when I arrived home about 6:30 PM. Anyone else experience this today?

My suspicion was that AT&T was having issues. However, I could stream Tunein without any problems.

Mark

2. Thistledown

Thistledown Member

I experienced this in the Austin, TX area around 4:30p central. I called technical support, and they said it was a known problem reported today with some cars (software version?). As of 7:30p central, they are still down. I'm on 2.22.50.

• Informative x 1
  3. markn455

markn455 Member

Than
    Thanks for the information. I am running 2.20.45

4. David_Cary

David_Cary Member

Same issue in Raleigh today around 6:00 pm

• Informative x 1
  5. MyJoule

MyJoule Member

I was experiencing intermittent Map display refreshes on the way home tonight, Tucson Az, I assume it's some sort of 3G network issue, I have not rebooted, but was considering it when I saw this e-mail. No new software since 2.20.45

6. markn455

markn455 Member

I rebooted, made no difference.

7. MyJoule

MyJoule Member

Yeah, I assumed after reading this, that reboot isn't necessary, it's a provider problem of some sort.

8. zwede

zwede 2013 P85+

It's not an AT&T problem. I had blank maps on WIFI as well. I could get to other web sites, so it looks like a google issue.

9. wart

wart Member

Yes, I had this happen this afternoon as well. San Antonio, TX area. Model S with LTE. I had a solid LTE signal, but some map tiles wouldn't download. Still didn't download when I got to my home Wi-Fi. Reboot didn't fix it. Software version 2.20.30.

10. minderbinder

minderbinder Member

Not area specific - happened to me today (7/7 - 5:30pm) in Boston area. No traffic, no satellite view, limited map view (probably cached). Sounds like everyone else tried the same thing - reboot, WiFi, no difference. It's too bad that it doesn't just display some kind of error message - "Service not available" or some such thing.

11. Richg

Richg Member

Same experience here in Florida.

12. Boourns

Boourns Member

Same here. Dallas. 2.22.15

13. slevit1md

slevit1md Member

I had the same issue in the Toledo, OH area around 8pm EST. I'm assuming it's a google issue because when I got home, I was also having issues loading YouTube videos.

14. Owner

Owner Active Member

I've had a similar but different issue over the last month. My traffic colors don't show up. After 2 hours Tesla finally called me back saying there was a google problem. But I've had this problem repeatedly and reboots don't make a difference.

15. RichardT

RichardT Member

Sydney, Australia 0700 (EST) blank maps too.

16. scottm

scottm Active Member

Worldwide missing maps.... did the world just end and that's that? I thought it would be more dramatic somehow. Like something explodes.

• Funny x 1
  17. seclinton

seclinton Member

Yup found the same thing on my way home here in Cali Bay Area around 5:30PM PST (8:30PM EST). By the time I got in the garage after some while driving resets and tethering to my phone, I found the browser worked, slacker worked both on the 3G in car and on my wifi hotspot. The issue was Google maps not loading properly. Around 5:45-6:00, I reset the screen again, and it loaded and started working. I suspect it was a google maps update issue, now resolved.

Anyone still seeing this issue?

18. eyespii

eyespii Member

Here in SoCal - had the same problem with maps and traffic not loading, ~ 2:30p local time. I didn't try it again until about an hour ago ~8:00p, and it was working fine.

19. Skipdd

Skipdd Member

Same issue in Maryland experienced around 6p EST. 2.24.102. I see it appears to be fixed. I didn't bother to check if Waze was working then or not. Too bad as I'm curious to know since Google owns them now. Would be good to know for the future.

20. ModelX

ModelX Member

Same issue in Salt Lake City, Utah. Fine later this pm