Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maps went Blank today - Atlanta Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This afternoon when traveling from Cobb county to me residence in North Georgia, the maps stopped updating. Navigation however continued to work. Just no Google maps on the 17 inch screen. I submitted a bug report followed by a reboot of the screen. Nothing for the next couple of hours. The maps were still non-existent when I arrived home about 6:30 PM. Anyone else experience this today?

My suspicion was that AT&T was having issues. However, I could stream Tunein without any problems.

Mark

I was experiencing intermittent Map display refreshes on the way home tonight, Tucson Az, I assume it's some sort of 3G network issue, I have not rebooted, but was considering it when I saw this e-mail. No new software since 2.20.45

Yes, I had this happen this afternoon as well. San Antonio, TX area. Model S with LTE. I had a solid LTE signal, but some map tiles wouldn't download. Still didn't download when I got to my home Wi-Fi. Reboot didn't fix it. Software version 2.20.30.

Not area specific - happened to me today (7/7 - 5:30pm) in Boston area. No traffic, no satellite view, limited map view (probably cached). Sounds like everyone else tried the same thing - reboot, WiFi, no difference. It's too bad that it doesn't just display some kind of error message - "Service not available" or some such thing.

Yup found the same thing on my way home here in Cali Bay Area around 5:30PM PST (8:30PM EST). By the time I got in the garage after some while driving resets and tethering to my phone, I found the browser worked, slacker worked both on the 3G in car and on my wifi hotspot. The issue was Google maps not loading properly. Around 5:45-6:00, I reset the screen again, and it loaded and started working. I suspect it was a google maps update issue, now resolved.

Anyone still seeing this issue?

Same issue in Maryland experienced around 6p EST. 2.24.102. I see it appears to be fixed. I didn't bother to check if Waze was working then or not. Too bad as I'm curious to know since Google owns them now. Would be good to know for the future.