Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

marathon advertising for Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tend to run alot of marathon type races and noticed that they give out Dodge, GM, Ford shirts at these events and I see a few people wearing them during the race.
Do you think Tesla would have a problem if I made my own shirt that said:

"Tesla Model S

ALL-ELECTRIC

0-60 in 4.4 seconds

300 mile range

This just made gasoline obsolete"

Given, I'm not a world class athlete (middle of the pack at best), but it could get the word out to other people

I tend to run alot of marathon type races and noticed that they give out Dodge, GM, Ford shirts at these events and I see a few people wearing them during the race.

Actually, I just ran the Miami marathon, and the Leaf was a MAJOR sponsor of the whole event, including the expo the day before with test drives and everything. Probably means that they've done some marketing and determined that marathoners are likely to be potential EV buyers.

I say go for it!!

Actually, I just ran the Miami marathon, and the Leaf was a MAJOR sponsor of the whole event, including the expo the day before with test drives and everything. Probably means that they've done some marketing and determined that marathoners are likely to be potential EV buyers.
Probably means that Nissan is confident that a Leaf can manage 42.2 km. :wink:

During the first few miles, I'm talking to the people next to me (trying to find someone to keep pace with)- you really don't open up until at least mile 3. Trying to get into the NYC one this year, but will definitely be wearing it for the Broad Street run and the ING Philadelphia half marathon.
These are the shirts I was looking at ordering:

T-Shirts - Custom T-Shirts - Shirt Screen Printers - Design Online at CustomInk

Tesla essentially spends no money on advertising and relies on customers and fans to spread the word. They would encourage you to make a shirt and more (and not sell them).

Nissan and the LEAF sponsor Lance Armstrong and did a commercial with him about cycling and "following tailpipes"

Trying to get into the NYC one this year, but will definitely be wearing it for the Broad Street run and the ING Philadelphia half marathon.
I've run the NYC marathon 3Xs and run about 5 half-marathons/year. If you are near NYC, one way to get guaranteed entry into the marathon is to join NY Road Runners, run 9 of their scored events + one volunteer activity. I run ~ 20 of their events each year. Your shirt idea should have a photo of Model S. :cool:

I also run marathons! I just ran Boston last year. Cyclist or runners, we all want to breathe cleaner air so there should be a lot of people interested in EV's

When Kevin and I did the LEJOG last year, there was a cycle version going on at the same time. We got a lot of thumbs up from that crowd.

Also on my first trip down to Cornwall, the only group to give me some recognition was a VW Bug load of surfers.