Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marbles?? Loose screws? Front passenger door.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok we all know about build quality issues with tesla. Some things like the puckering seals in the rear door I can live with. Then there’s a weird roof seal that sticks out. Annoying for sure, it should be fixed soon... doesn’t bother me. But man I have this sound when I accelerate quickly or brake hard. It seems like rolling screws. I’ve isolated it to the front passengers door because when I close the door, I hear it. Not all the time. I think it gets lodge, and dislodge and so on and so forth. This to me is a pretty big deal. I hate hate hate the sound. My car is empty too. There’s just a Kleenex in the center counsel, usb drive, two trader joes bag in the trunk that it.

Same, the more service I have done to the car, the more rattles appear... I have a ball bearing sound in the drivers door occasionally, a flutter sound in the drivers door with higher speed, ball bearing sound around the rear passenger seat belt tensioner, rattle when you open and close the trunk, etc. They can never seem to isolate any of the issues. It doesn't help that they are intermittent. Nothing more annoying than rattles.

• Informative
Reactions: Rottenapplr
Ok we all know about build quality issues with tesla. Some things like the puckering seals in the rear door I can live with. Then there’s a weird roof seal that sticks out. Annoying for sure, it should be fixed soon... doesn’t bother me. But man I have this sound when I accelerate quickly or brake hard. It seems like rolling screws. I’ve isolated it to the front passengers door because when I close the door, I hear it. Not all the time. I think it gets lodge, and dislodge and so on and so forth. This to me is a pretty big deal. I hate hate hate the sound. My car is empty too. There’s just a Kleenex in the center counsel, usb drive, two trader joes bag in the trunk that it.
Tesla uses a strange door panel clip design. When they break the circular heads roll back and fourth on hard acceleration / braking. Both my passenger doors and trunk had broken clips in them. Sometimes more than once. Sounds exactly marbles rolling around.

This is the part that breaks off and rolls around in the doors.
ThingRollingInDoor.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: super20g
Same, the more service I have done to the car, the more rattles appear... I have a ball bearing sound in the drivers door occasionally, a flutter sound in the drivers door with higher speed, ball bearing sound around the rear passenger seat belt tensioner, rattle when you open and close the trunk, etc. They can never seem to isolate any of the issues. It doesn't help that they are intermittent. Nothing more annoying than rattles.
Ya hate rattles! I can live with those seals that stick out but rattles kill it.