TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

March 11, 2015 Texas is no longer an island!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Chris TX, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

#1 Chris TX, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    March 12, 2015 Texas is no longer an island!

I just got word that the Ardmore and Weatherford Superchargers are getting activated tomorrow!

This is great news for the north exit!!! (or entry if you're coming to Texas ;) )

Edited the title. Weatherford opens today, Ardmore tomorrow!

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

As long as your "boat" is an 85 kWh. :(

3. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

#3 Chris TX, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    Yeah, I guess when Denton comes online it would allow for Waco, Denton, Ardmore with a 60. That one should be online, soon. Perry, OK comes online even sooner to get you farther north to I-70 via Wichita.

There sure are a lot of 85kWh boats in Texas, though. ;)

4. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

5. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

Equally important to some of us this means I can leave New Orleans and go west (in an 85) and escape through Texas into Oklahoma and onward!

6. reddy

reddy Member

For those of you who want the FULL supercharger experience, we still have openings for the Shamrock St Patricks Day parade on Saturday March 14. You'd need to get to us by 10am to join in.

You can test Ardmore, Weatherford, AND Shamrock all on 1 trip, plus join in the Shamrock festivities.

PM me if you

7. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Also, you do realize it's only 164 miles from Corsicana to Ardmore. That should be doable with a 60, right? If you're coming from San Antonio, you can pop over to Corsicana until Denton is done.

8. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

That's a great idea, Chris. I wouldn't try it in a 60 in the winter, but hopefully we'll have Denton on line by next winter.

9. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Also, I realized the Amarillo folks (85kWh) can go from Shamrock, Weatherford, Wichita and then on up to the great Supercharger Highway! So technically, yesterday WAS the day Texas was no longer an island!

I'm looking forward to the Ardmore dot being lit later today, and then using it tomorrow.