Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 1st: Austin Capitol Day 1-5PM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
Trying to get a head count (preliminary) so know how many parking spaces to ask for. Plan is to invite staff members down to check out cars and talk about dealership laws. Can visit with actual representatives in their home district.
This will likely be a tough law to change but think we should set things in motion.

Still trying to get assistance from Tesla on this.

Note: This is an owner organized event only. Tesla has no part in this. It will likely be to raise awareness of this issue among a few offices with the hopes of something getting introduced this session. More than likely, it will take at least the next two years of working on this and many thousand more owners getting involved to bring this up as an issue for next session. Just wanted to make sure expectations were appropriate but people driving all the way from Houston or Dallas since it's such a long drive with no Superchargers. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend and we'll try to make this as productive and worthwhile as possible.

Last edited:
Put me down for probable, but I'm likely going to need a charge so I can get back for Coffee and Cars in Houston the next morning. If I can, I'll come down on Thursday and try to charge overnight.

Great. There are a number of owners how might be able to help you out. There are also a few hotels (Hilton) which should allow charging. Driving up Friday morning should give you enough time if we can find an owner with an HPC willing to help out too.

Does anyone have the graphic design skills to make a one page flyer introducting Tesla, the Model S, push the American made angle and also list problems Texas dealership laws creates for customers and what we want done about it? I'm working on something but it won't be fancy. Thanks.

Does anyone have the graphic design skills to make a one page flyer introducing Tesla, the Model S, push the American made angle and also list problems Texas dealership laws creates for customers and what we want done about it? I'm working on something but it won't be fancy. Thanks.

Yes, Dave. I do. Between my 'postcard' and some previous poster suggestions, we could definitely do it.

It's definitely happening. I've been on the phone all morning speaking with various offices and getting them to e-mail other house members offices too. The exact location of the parking is being worked on so stay tuned.