Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2015 Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought that Elon had said there would be an update coming in March that would improve the whole fleet. I keep looking for something to be announced that will bump the stock a bit. Is there anything new about the update? I hope he was not just talking about the 007 Easter egg.

I thought that Elon had said there would be an update coming in March that would improve the whole fleet. I keep looking for something to be announced that will bump the stock a bit. Is there anything new about the update? I hope he was not just talking about the 007 Easter egg.

Software updates are for car owners, not stockholders. I don't think any software update would have material affect on the company's financials.

Software updates are for car owners, not stockholders. I don't think any software update would have material affect on the company's financials.

Hmmm.... I don't normally do this but....

Software update announced, stock is up $7.00, 4%.

This stock is driven by many factors that have nothing to do with the core financials of the company.

This stock is driven by many factors that have nothing to do with the core financials of the company.

Of course its up. Its as if the stock became incredibly negatively charged by gaining electrons (shorts/FUDsters) recently and then when something positive came into the vicinity, there was a spark. I expect the stock to "neutralize" tomorrow and come into line with the rest of the market.

I had fun with this analogy :tongue:

I think it's up more on the press conference part. If it's just a typical software update I don't think it will stay up.

Range anxiety, whenever you're near;
Range anxiety, it's you that I fear.
My car's afraid to roam, it's stalled before,
But then you charge my core;
My car starts to soar once more.

Range anxiety, it's always the same;
Range anxiety, it's you that I blame.
It's very clear to me I've got to plug in;
Range anxiety, you win.

Apologies to Mel Brooks