TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

March 2016 trip to Maryland dragstrip -- Mason Dixon Dragway

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by bhzmark, Feb 15, 2016.

1. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

#1 bhzmark, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    If weather cooperates I'm thinking of taking my pre-Lud P85D to Mason Dixon Dragway to get some benchmark numbers before the upgrade.

They claim an opening on March 5 and 6. Mason Dixon Dragway - Index Page click 2016 schedule at the top.

It's convenient to Hagerstown supercharger.

I haven't been there before, but I've been to other dragstrips (admittedly over 20 years ago). This is a "test and tune" weekend -- no special events -- just people dusting off their cars from the winter and seeing what they can do.

Some details are at: Rules Regulations and About Drag Racing* ( Explanation of.. ) All these rules and info make it seem more complicated than it is. Most of these rules don't apply for "test and tune" like this coming weekend. It's really pretty simple.

and some good background reading on how it works from a different dragstrip is at: Great Lakes Dragaway - FAQ

Also see: Best settings for P85D launch / drag racing?

If anyone else here as been there please add some info here or otherwise make suggestions.

2. Lanny

Lanny @Lanny

#2 Lanny, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Here is some video I recorded in September, 2009 of two Tesla Roadsters racing at Mason Dixon.

3. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Great video, lanny! I especially loved the track announcers comments (somewhat snide, too!) about the Roadsters!

4. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

reminder: the opening is planned for next weekend. I hope to be there pre-Ludicrous update and shod with Nokian WRG3 snow tires . . . Plan to be topping off at Hagerstown around 9:30am so that would be a good meeting time and place.

5. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

Snow yesterday and cold today means no trip to mason dixon for me this weekend.