Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2017, X 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to add a 2017 Model X 100D to the stable, and it’s a 03/2017 date of manufacture. It has the 2.0 hardware, but I’m curious if anyone knows whether or not this vehicle would be eligible for transferable free unlimited supercharging?

It’s for sale at a dealership that is pretty clueless.

Looking to add a 2017 Model X 100D to the stable, and it’s a 03/2017 date of manufacture. It has the 2.0 hardware, but I’m curious if anyone knows whether or not this vehicle would be eligible for transferable free unlimited supercharging?

No, free supercharging definitely won’t transfer. Transferable ended January 2017.

Do the math and the free unlimited supercharing is not worth that much unless you think that was going to be the main place you charged instead of your house. The travel expense of it is minor compared to eating and sleeping locations.

If it is a great $ deal then consider $2500 to upgrade to the MCU2. I did that (and prepaid the FSD) when I bought mine used from Tesla as a service loaner. My X100 is a June '17

Do the math and the free unlimited supercharing is not worth that much unless you think that was going to be the main place you charged instead of your house. The travel expense of it is minor compared to eating and sleeping locations.

If it is a great $ deal then consider $2500 to upgrade to the MCU2. I did that (and prepaid the FSD) when I bought mine used from Tesla as a service loaner. My X100 is a June '17
For me it’s a mental thing. I don’t mind the time associated with it because it’s free. If I have to wait AND PAY, that bugs me. But yeah, I only do 3-4 short road trips a year and might supercharge 3x each way, each trip.

Reactions: KentuckyX
If it was a trade in to Tesla, and went through Tesla's hands, then most likely that will not transfer. If this is a private, non-Telsa related dealership, i.e. private trade in, private sale, then it should stay with the vehicle.

No. It will not unless you keep the original account and just change your email/your name on the account to you. But as Tesla view, the title will still linked to the old owner. At the point you submit the document to prove that it is under your name. They will remove it. Or when you buy from a dealer/private seller then try to add it to your account, that free supercharging will be gone.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
For me it’s a mental thing. I don’t mind the time associated with it because it’s free. If I have to wait AND PAY, that bugs me. But yeah, I only do 3-4 short road trips a year and might supercharge 3x each way, each trip.
Yeah, pretty much all the time. I only supercharge on road trips.
If it is a good deal and has all the options you want then I would absolutely ignore the free supercharging. My son pays for his as well on his TM3 with he does the occasional roadtripping. It is really a trivial amount by comparison to other things on a trip and the car in general. I would 100% factor paying for the MCU2 upgrade. Made my '17 X seem new again and you can avoid the eMMC issue for all practical purposes.

If it is a good deal and has all the options you want then I would absolutely ignore the free supercharging. My son pays for his as well on his TM3 with he does the occasional roadtripping. It is really a trivial amount by comparison to other things on a trip and the car in general. I would 100% factor paying for the MCU2 upgrade. Made my '17 X seem new again and you can avoid the eMMC issue for all practical purposes.
I have a Tesla now. I know the cost is fairly minimal. Like I said, it’s a mental thing for me. I’pull get over it though.