Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Model Y doesn't match Owners Manual. Has no USB or USB-c ports to play USB music!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla its in the owners manual now
Yes, i see the main text says the usb-c ports can handle data. there is a footnote that says 'come vehicles manufactured after Nov 2021" may have usb-c ports that dont support data. Pretty vague. Not sure if they will restore the data function or not. I think switching to the simpler usb-c ports was one way to deal with the 'chip shortage'.

Do folks think Tesla will retro fit data ports when parts become available.
In USA, The parts are available already. In USA you can buy it for $48 & tesla will offer to install (at least they did for me). I did not have them install it. I am in no rush as I have a TParts module already.
You have a new model y with missing data cables. It would be curious if tesla will do the install for you and give you cables. @TomServo if you request the part from tesla via the app, let them know you’d like them to install and you also need the data cables. The part numbers are listed in this thread I believe. Would be interesting to see what Tesla would say.

Last edited:
In USA, The parts are available already. In USA you can buy it for $48 & tesla will offer to install (at least they did for me). I did not have them install it. I am in no rush as I have a TParts module already.
You have a new model y with missing data cables. It would be curious if tesla will do the install for you and give you cables. @TomServo if you request the part from tesla via the app, let them know you’d like them to install and you also need the data cables. The part numbers are listed in this thread I believe. Would be interesting to see what Tesla would say.
My MY LR7 is going in for service tomorrow. If there's an actual human there, I will ask about retrofitting the USB data module.