Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 MYP order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat. When I texted the SA, they said my car is due to arrive at their location the 20th. So I am thinking the earliest I could get a VIN is 2 weeks before, if that early.
How in the world are your SAs getting this info? Or is mine just lazy/incompetent? My EDD 2 week window opens Monday and my SA tells me he doesn’t know anything more than what I know and can’t get any information until the car is delivered.

How in the world are your SAs getting this info? Or is mine just lazy/incompetent? My EDD 2 week window opens Monday and my SA tells me he doesn’t know anything more than what I know and can’t get any information until the car is delivered.
The SA, from my best guesstimate can only help once you have a VIN assigned. Mine told me the same as pretty much everyone else. “As long as your estimated delivery date holds you should be assigned a VIN in the next few weeks”. My two week delivery window starts one week from today. Basically another way of saying he has no helpful info. EDD means nothing until you get a VIN. What would be more useful is if Tesla showed you how many orders were ahead of yours.

Reactions: TDMYP and amajoh
I’m in Miami with a 454 vin and an EDD of 6/11 to 6/15, my EDD right before getting the vin was the same as yours.

Talked to an SA yesterday who said my car was still in California and would take between 2 and 3 weeks to get here. He said they send the pick-up appointment text when the car is in Alabama but to take the EDD with a grain of salt.
I wonder when they decide to assign a vin?

MYP, Red/White, FSD, no tow

Order Date: 3/20/22

3/21 EDD: June 9 - July 21 (June 20 +/- 12 days)

4/3 EDD: May 21 - June 25 (June 8 +/- 19 days)

4/6 EDD: June 2 - July 14 (June 23 +/- 23 days)

4/22 EDD: June 6 - July 9 (June 22 +/- 17 days)

5/18 EDD: June 7 - July 5 (June 21 +/-12 days)

5/28 EDD: June 2 - June 16 (June 9 +/- 7 days)

NO VIN

Reactions: NOVA-MYP