Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 MYP - Price Check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Thinking I might need to get a larger car due to family growing. Trying to figure out on budget but that’s based on how much I can get for my Y. Hopefully you all can provide some guidance.

Located in Nassau County, Long Island NY
2022 Model Y Performance
2 Row White Interior
7500 miles

Interior is clean, some scuffs on the seat back from car seats. Some faint blue on drivers seat.
Exterior is flawless. Blue with xpel stealth PPF all over and ceramic coated.

Stock wheels replaced with 18” Martian Wheels wrapped in Michelin Primacy Touring A/S 255/55R18. No curb damage on wheels.

Mountain Pass Performance Comfort Coilovers /w rear camber arms. I have the stock coils as well and the MPP lift kit which was never installed.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_6101.jpeg

That's going to be tough because of the pricing of today's MYP.
Trade in is between $48.8k-$53k, and I say you would be lucky to sell it for close to $50k because of the upgrades. Does it have FSD or EA?

I don't know that I would value it that high. You are correct, the current prices are killing the used market. I looked at used before putting my order in, Buying used anywhere above 45k makes no sense. Unless you can find someone that doesn't qualify for any tax credit at all. Not everyone will, but most will qualify for something.

When you run the numbers, the current price for his car is $58130 with order fee's and shipping. After the $7500 tax credit the effective price is $50,630. If you live in a State that gives a state credit, the price is even less. With that in mind, why would someone pay anywhere near 50k for a year older and a year less warranty car? There are a ton of Model Y's for sale in that price range and I know KBB values them there, but I think they are off base. That's why they are sitting for months and months on the used market.

I can tell you from personal experience. I looked at the used market before putting my order in at the beginning of May. When I ran the numbers, it made no sense to consider anything used with the prices being asked.

It sucks that the prices have dropped like they have but OP is probably stuck with this car unless they are willing to take a big loss on it.

I don't know that I would value it that high. You are correct, the current prices are killing the used market. I looked at used before putting my order in, Buying used anywhere above 45k makes no sense. Unless you can find someone that doesn't qualify for any tax credit at all. Not everyone will, but most will qualify for something.

When you run the numbers, the current price for his car is $58130 with order fee's and shipping. After the $7500 tax credit the effective price is $50,630. If you live in a State that gives a state credit, the price is even less. With that in mind, why would someone pay anywhere near 50k for a year older and a year less warranty car? There are a ton of Model Y's for sale in that price range and I know KBB values them there, but I think they are off base. That's why they are sitting for months and months on the used market.

I can tell you from personal experience. I looked at the used market before putting my order in at the beginning of May. When I ran the numbers, it made no sense to consider anything used with the prices being asked.

It sucks that the prices have dropped like they have but OP is probably stuck with this car unless they are willing to take a big loss on it.
I hear what you're saying. If the car was stock, there's no way it would go for close to $50k. However, it has after market suspension, ppf, ceramic coating, which all add some value to the right person. Plus, it has the parking sensors, and the older style performance rear calipers, which again, adds value to the right person.

I hear what you're saying. If the car was stock, there's no way it would go for close to $50k. However, it has after market suspension, ppf, ceramic coating, which all add some value to the right person. Plus, it has the parking sensors, and the older style performance rear calipers, which again, adds value to the right person.

Agreed, he may need to just wait for the right buyer. I suspect that even at 50k, he would be taking a beating on it, especially with the cost of the upgrades.

Not a good time to sell a Model Y if you bought in the last couple of years.

I always see these threads as "soft" for sale threads, and we do not allow for sale threads in any subforum but the marketplace. I will leave this here for now, but it has to not have any discussion about listing it or "I listed it here" or anything at all like that or it will be moved to the marketplace subforum.