Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I think nobody has create one for March 2022 order.

I placed the other on March 07, 2022 for Model Y Long Range, but yesterday I went to a Tesla showroom to change to a Performance one. I placed the other before the price increased by $1,000, but the SA said if I upgraded, my price was still the old price. I am very happy about that.

I could not change it by myself on Tesla website, so he submitted a ticket and just a couple hours later, I see the update on my Tesla app. I asked him about the new battery from Austin, but he showed me an internal email from Tesla saying no new battery now yet.

Model Y Performance - White/Black - No FSD - No Tow

OD: 03/07/2022 for LR
Old EDD: September 2022
Came to showroom to change to Performance: 03/12/2022
New EDD: May 12 -June 09, 2022

Reactions: ALSET1680
Cool, thanks for creating this forum. Thats good to know that you can switch to diff variant with older price if you have placed order before price increase.

MYLR / Ext-White / Int-Black / 20" Wheel / No tow / No FSD
- Placed order on 03/01/2022
- Completed profile on 03/02/2022
- No trade-in / Cash
- Original EDD was August 2022
- New EDD is September 2022

Reactions: CSWhite
Cool, thanks for creating this forum. Thats good to know that you can switch to diff variant with older price if you have placed order before price increase.

MYLR / Ext-White / Int-Black / 20" Wheel / No tow / No FSD
- Placed order on 03/01/2022
- Completed profile on 03/02/2022
- No trade-in / Cash
- Original EDD was August 2022
- New EDD is September 2022
Umm, no you can’t. If there was a price increase from the time you ordered and when you make a switch, you pay the current prices. Forum is full of people that made a change in color or wheels and it updates pricing. OP moved to to a P, which can’t be done online, not sure how the SA was able to do so without last week’s 1k, but I wouldn’t count on it.

OD: 3/5 for MYP
Black/Black no tow, no fsd
EDD: 5/8 - 6/5
New York City

I am financing it and already approved with lender.

The wait will kill me! Lol!

The good thing is that the learning curve is quite sizeable to learn all this EV lingo and prep the homes to be able to charge.

Umm, no you can’t. If there was a price increase from the time you ordered and when you make a switch, you pay the current prices. Forum is full of people that made a change in color or wheels and it updates pricing. OP moved to to a P, which can’t be done online, not sure how the SA was able to do so without last week’s 1k, but I wouldn’t count on it.
I was afraid that I would get the new price as well as my SA. He chatted with his manager, and his manager said the price wouldn't be the new price. Then, he submitted a ticket on his laptop, I went home and saw new update with Y Performance, and the price is $63,990 which is the old price.

So in my opinion, they don't go by the current price, they go by the price at the time you order, then add/subtract the difference when you upgrade/downgrade. For example, MYLR with 20inch wheel and MYP have $3,000 different , so they just add $3,000 to upgrade.

That is what I think. I still got the old price by the way.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I think nobody has create one for March 2022 order.

I placed the other on March 07, 2022 for Model Y Long Range, but yesterday I went to a Tesla showroom to change to a Performance one. I placed the other before the price increased by $1,000, but the SA said if I upgraded, my price was still the old price. I am very happy about that.

I could not change it by myself on Tesla website, so he submitted a ticket and just a couple hours later, I see the update on my Tesla app. I asked him about the new battery from Austin, but he showed me an internal email from Tesla saying no new battery now yet.

Model Y Performance - White/Black - No FSD - No Tow

OD: 03/07/2022 for LR
Old EDD: September 2022
Came to showroom to change to Performance: 03/12/2022
New EDD: May 12 -June 09, 2022
I am considering switching to MYP from MYLR to get it early. The price difference of 3k seems worth it. Mine is March 1 reservation, with Sep timeline for delivery. I am holding the switch after seeing reviews about the Performance suspension being stiff and not as good as the LR, also the tires do not last more than 10-15k miles. Can you give any insight on your switch, to get it early? better value? or simply the performance?

I am considering switching to MYP from MYLR to get it early. The price difference of 3k seems worth it. Mine is March 1 reservation, with Sep timeline for delivery. I am holding the switch after seeing reviews about the Performance suspension being stiff and not as good as the LR, also the tires do not last more than 10-15k miles. Can you give any insight on your switch, to get it early? better value? or simply the performance?
Lol, you listed all my reasons to switch. The $3,000 different is if you have MYLR with 20inch wheel upgrade. If you have the original 19inch wheel, you need to add $5,000 to upgrade to Performance.

the suspension is a little stiffer, ive driven both. People over exaggerate "Stiff" and i have a feeling most people who say that have never driven a sports car at all. Its by no means a harsh suspension. Get some 19's with some more side wall and you'll be good. Even better you can get a set of unplugged luxury coils and be even more comfortable than a LR model. You can make the michelins last their defined rating or close to it if you drive normal. The more you corner at fast speeds and such the more they will wear. You can easily get 30-40k out of them and i know people who have without issue.

Reactions: Rotarybuddy
Lol, you listed all my reasons to switch. The $3,000 different is if you have MYLR with 20inch wheel upgrade. If you have the original 19inch wheel, you need to add $5,000 to upgrade to Performance.
:) .. yeah, I have the 20' wheels, the more I see it, MYP seems to be making sense for a 3k difference. This being a family hauler, wondering if the suspension is going to be too stiff..🤔 and the off-set tires as well.

the suspension is a little stiffer, ive driven both. People over exaggerate "Stiff" and i have a feeling most people who say that have never driven a sports car at all. Its by no means a harsh suspension. Get some 19's with some more side wall and you'll be good. Even better you can get a set of unplugged luxury coils and be even more comfortable than a LR model. You can make the michelins last their defined rating or close to it if you drive normal. The more you corner at fast speeds and such the more they will wear. You can easily get 30-40k out of them and i know people who have without issue.
Thank you @Tonedog77, appreciate your inputs. I am not a big racer on the road, as you said the tires should last for me. Will do some more research and see if I can go to Tesla and switch my reservation without the price increase.

:) .. yeah, I have the 20' wheels, the more I see it, MYP seems to be making sense for a 3k difference. This being a family hauler, wondering if the suspension is going to be too stiff..🤔 and the off-set tires as well.
The MYP suspension being "too stiff" is overblown, its not significantly different than the 20". Being slightly lower, you wont even be able to tell the difference height wise while in the car vs an LR with 20". Nonetheless, the difference in the price being negligible I would highly recommend Performance upgrade

The MYP suspension being "too stiff" is overblown, its not significantly different than the 20". Being slightly lower, you wont even be able to tell the difference height wise while in the car vs an LR with 20". Nonetheless, the difference in the price being negligible I would highly recommend Performance upgrade
Thanks @Triplem086, gonna hold you to your advise .. :) probably going to Tesla tomorrow and making the change. Hope the honor the old price, if not gonna stick to LR.