Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely get your own insurance. They are extremely overpriced. I got a quote through Progressive for literally 60% less.
Really? They initially price you at a 90 rating for first month but after that if you’re a good driver it drops by like 40 dollars with a higher rating. My current drive rating is 97 and my monthly premium is 60 below what my normal insurance provider quoted me at. I’ve never heard someone say Tesla insurance is overpriced.

Wooohoooo....got a call from Tesla of Naperville (Illinois) tonight. They're moving up my delivery this coming Saturday Dec 3 instead of Monday and the rumors are true. Tesla is giving $3750 credit for December deliveries. 😁
Yes, I called and was worried since I paid my balance already and did a trade in. but they said I will still get the credit too! Merry early Christmas to us!! I may use that money and get my car wrapped matte black now haha

I texted Tesla today asking if I'll get the $3750 price adjustment, and instead of responding to my question, they replied "We show that the ETA of your model Y should arrive at our Brandon, MS showroom around December 12. Would you like to go ahead and schedule an appointment to pick up? We could schedule to pick up on the 13th or 14th of December?" That was an exciting response! Then I said I'd prefer Saturday the 17th because it's hard to get there on a weekday, and they said "Sure! I have just scheduled that pick up appointment for Saturday, December 17 at 12 noon! We are excited to see you then!" Nice!
Then I asked again about the price adjustment.... no response. But hopefully I see it once closer to delivery.

Reactions: slvervper99
Really? They initially price you at a 90 rating for first month but after that if you’re a good driver it drops by like 40 dollars with a higher rating. My current drive rating is 97 and my monthly premium is 60 below what my normal insurance provider quoted me at. I’ve never heard someone say Tesla insurance is overpriced.

My quote from Progressive was about $91 a month. Tesla wants to charge me $170. Same coverages except for liability, which was actually much higher on Progressive. That's what I got so far.

Yes, I called and was worried since I paid my balance already and did a trade in. but they said I will still get the credit too! Merry early Christmas to us!! I may use that money and get my car wrapped matte black now haha
I also paid my balance in full already. Let us know how they handle the refund, I was told it will be by check and will take 6-8 weeks.

Reactions: Nick Mazz
$3750 credit for December. Maybe he's not the Grinch a lot of people make him out to be....maybe he does have a Christmas spirit after all. Or it's more likely for the 4th quarter earnings for January 2023😁. Either way, thank you Mr. Musk.😆 (I know, off topic)

For those of you who got the credit but are financing, how does it work?
Do you have to apply for financing again with a new total loan amount or do they apply the $3750 to the down payment?
I'm assuming we pay the same down payment but the amount financed is less?
I don't want another hard inquiry since I'm getting solar installed as well and specifically applied for Tesla financing when I knew I was in the best position with the # of inquiries I have right now (bought a house this year).

Reactions: John Haffner
Do you have to apply for financing again with a new total loan amount or do they apply the $3750 to the down payment?
I don't want another hard inquiry since I'm getting solar installed as well and specifically applied for Tesla financing when I knew I was in the best position with the # of inquiries I have right now (bought a house this year).
The only option I was given was to either adjust the financing amount or cancel the vehicle purchase, redo it and possibly lose VIN and delivery date if that took more than a day.

It’s a bit aggravating since I made a very large cash payment and would rather have gotten the funds back for other things.

Reactions: Beerimar
They integrated the credit into my loan agreement as a referral credit. So, my initial loan amount was 38K but after the credit, it went down to $35,882. Even my cash down payment is now $1835 less than my original cash down payment . So my total savings is ends up being over $4k not to mention my monthly payment went down by roughly $40/month.

They integrated the credit into my loan agreement as a referral credit. So, my initial loan amount was 38K but after the credit, it went down to $35,882. Even my cash down payment is now $1835 less than my original cash down payment . So my total savings is ends up being over $4k not to mention my monthly payment went down by roughly $40/month.
That's interesting.
I'm only putting $7000 down.
I'm guessing with the $3750 and also the reduction in sales tax, I'll get probably something similar taken off my down payment.

This whole thing is weird, but I'm lucky I'm getting it after transferring any funds.

Sucks for everyone who already paid though.

I pick up Monday and my bank already funded them minus my down payment. I am going to just bring a check for my downpayment minus the $3,750. The purchase agreement doesn’t show anything about refunding the bank the credit.

It was easier for me because I am financing through Tesla's associate banks. But i plan to refinance once I find a lower interest rate. Currently at 4.99%😭. Already paid them the dp today through Plaid. Just need to sign the delivery acceptance tomorrow.