Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a nice call with the lead sales advisor in Brandon, MS. The train that has my car broke down and is stuck in a railyard in Point Richmond, CA, along with MAANNYYY other cars that should be headed east. They have to switch the cars to another train to eventually get moving again. So maybe some of your cars are on that train too.

He couldn't predict when the cars would be moving again, but still hopes they'll be able to get mine to Brandon and then to me as early as next week or otherwise hopefully before the end of the year. I mentioned that I live far away and have work schedule issues; he said they would let me schedule delivery even if they're closed (like early am, or on 12/31) if that's what we need to do to make it happen. He also checked for other cars with my config in the region but there were none, and offered me other configs available now, but I said thanks, I've been waiting 9 months and a week for mine so I can wait a bit more. Very nice SA. I'm crestfallen with yet another delay but heartened by how nice and helpful he was.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
Reactions: slvervper99
I took delivery of my MYLR on 12/12. I called to confirm the Supercharing offer and they said all the deliveries from 12/15 onwards qualify for this offer.
I concur. Took delivery on 12/3 and texted my SA with similar answers like everyone else who took delivery before 12/15. Well, you win some and you lose some. I'm sure this is nothing compared to buyers who took delivery before Dec 1. Not going to rub salt on the wound but you guys know what I'm talking about. either way, I'm happy to get my YLR. The white interior makes it doubly good. Getting my tint and PPF today. For those who are in Illinois and close to the Naperville/Lisle branch. If you guys are interested I paid $1300 package for 30% front and 20% back and trunk windows, with PPF covers the whole front bumper, hood, mirrors and partial front fenders. They're in Oswego and Aurora, Illinois. PM me if you have questions.

Reactions: ng1stev
Oh, and he mentioned that they're offering 10,000 miles free supercharging as another incentive to December deliveries. Which I then looked up and found the news here: Tesla (TSLA) offers 10,000 free Supercharging miles to buyers as it tries to create urgency
I love how everything Tesla does the MSM tries to spin as a negative. Tesla is hitting it out of the park right now with over 150,000 cars delivered in November. The are the number one selling car and SUV overall in CA and the number one selling car in the world for both Q3 and Q4. Tesla knows they have no Q1 sales issues, so it is trying like hell to max out 2022 / Q4 numbers. Wait till the rebates kick in, and the 3k reduction in M3 hits as well.

On that note I literally just helped my son buy a Toyota corolla over the weekend. Not only did they have no cars on the lots, they had no traffic at all in the two Toyota dealers we went into in the Baltimore region. I wanted him to buy a M3, but the numbers just didn’t work out right now with his wife just getting a new vehicle as well. It was hilarious to see them still blaming the chip shortage which the chip manufacturers have already confirmed is over, and the high demand, which was total BS. Both dealerships were ghost towns on a Saturday afternoon.

I declined the car b/c they had 20' induction wheels and I need range and I heard those are too rough. I ordered a long range with the 19' Geminis; I asked them if they would swap the 20's for the cheaper 19's and they won't so I declined and will continue to wait.
I have the Gemini's and they actually look good up close, I initially thought that they look small for the car but seeing it up close changed my mind. My son who have a Model 3 said that he wished that his hubcaps 😅 were similar in design as opposed to his all black ones. But I guess it is to each his/her own.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
Delivery! After 9 months and 19 days, we took delivery this past Tuesday in Brandon, MS. We got there right when they opened at 9am and it all went smoothly. DJ, the lead SA there, is great. He let us take our time checking out the car inside and out before accepting delivery. It was in fantastic condition except for a little stain on the headliner that they quickly disappeared, and an issue with the driver's seatback not being flush with the plastic back (see photo). I have a mobile service appointment for that coming up. Oh and the gaps where the glass roof and windshield meet were slightly different on either side (see photos) but didn't appear to be "out of spec."

Otherwise, delivery and the car itself were perfect. It's typical of these late 2022 VINS that are 2023 models -- parcel shelf, no USS, not sure whether new or old cameras because I haven't looked closely yet. Gorgeous blue paint job and white interior. It had 8 miles on the odometer. It drives great...a nice improvement over my 2008 Kia Sportage! The battery was around 85% when we left Brandon so we hit a Supercharger for our first time on the 2.5 hour drive home. Easy peasy.

I've already put in the heavier-duty Tesla floormats and the TopLight pedals that look like MYP pedals. Doing PPF and ceramic next week. Happy New Year Car!

IMG_7367.jpeg
IMG_7360.jpeg
IMG_7361.jpeg
IMG_7378.jpeg
IMG_7405.jpeg