Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And my vin is gone after being issued on Friday … will I now get a third VIN … can I say I’m a loyalty customer and have owned 3 teslas since they took my money in June? Wanted more money in July for VIN 2 and we’ll see what’s up with VIN 3… about to request refund and just cancel. It’s not the waiting it’s the jerking around that’s a problem.
Yeah, they definitely need help on being more upfront with wait times etc. I recently switched to MYP and my date hasn’t changed yet but I am giving it 5 days before I call. My worry is a month ago, they were cranking on the MYP and even on their order site were showing Aug-October delivery dates. Now I am seeing people that ordered MYP a couple of months ago getting pushed beyond that.

Could they be shifting to producing more MYLR now and holding off on MYPs? Did I just screw myself by switching and now if I switch back get put at the end of the line?

Kind of ironic that Elon was so adamant about making twitter’s algorithms transparent but Teslas ordering and production scheduling algorithms are anything but transparent.

Personally, I would start looking at other cars right now especially since most still qualify for rebates but dealers are charging ridiculous fees that take that savings anyhow and they have long lead times as well. And most importantly I don’t trust batteries from anyone else, and of course can’t forget the info structure already in place for teslas.

Yeah, they definitely need help on being more upfront with wait times etc. I recently switched to MYP and my date hasn’t changed yet but I am giving it 5 days before I call. My worry is a month ago, they were cranking on the MYP and even on their order site were showing Aug-October delivery dates. Now I am seeing people that ordered MYP a couple of months ago getting pushed beyond that.

Could they be shifting to producing more MYLR now and holding off on MYPs? Did I just screw myself by switching and now if I switch back get put at the end of the line?

Kind of ironic that Elon was so adamant about making twitter’s algorithms transparent but Teslas ordering and production scheduling algorithms are anything but transparent.

Personally, I would start looking at other cars right now especially since most still qualify for rebates but dealers are charging ridiculous fees that take that savings anyhow and they have long lead times as well. And most importantly I don’t trust batteries from anyone else, and of course can’t forget the info structure already in place for teslas.
MYLR are increasing they are coming out of Austin as well now. Mine shifted at first to 90 days instead of 60 but now we are at 120 days and counting and all due to Tesla screw ups not overall production delays… I wanted a 7 seat MYLR but went with MYP for quicker delivery… at this rate I’ll get either at the same time.

So that's the issue I ran into. Learned a life lesson for me and funny story. I got inpatient and impulsive with the MYLR order.

Started looking at the BMW i4. Love the looks, and range is comparable, everyone online saying how great quality is so started looking online, and OMG all these BMW dealer sites have a *sugar* ton of inventory. With the packages I want, and colors that I like. Well like I said I got impulsive, and knowing the electric car market out there I figured no sense in waiting. Found the car I like online, for the price I can swallow, all in all the BMW of San Francisco online website showed me 65k out the door. Fully loaded i4. So at 2 am called up Navy Fed to finance my loan. Have cash at hand, figured I'd loan a bit for credit and pay off quickly. Got approved, few minutes later. Wasn't even able sleep that night. 7 am sharp, start calling up the stealership, need to know availability, and make sure what I want doesn't drive off the lot before I get there. 3 hr drive for me. At 7:30am they answer, and I get an audible laugh from the guy. He explained, apparently all those cars online are not available inventory, even though it says they are. Those are the orders of people who came in 8 months ago. At the time of me calling they had a base model tester they were willing to part with, for 10k nonnegotiable markup. So that would of put me at 70k. Hell no I am not paying that for base model. The guy politely laughed at me and hung up the phone. So I call BMW Sacramento. It's in my backyard, figured I'd order and and if it's 6-8 months wait time for BMW and a Tesla I'll wait for one or the other.

So I got to BMW Sacramento, same deal about the orders, online saying they have inventory, the lot is barren. So I talk to the guy about ordering me an i4 with 8 months wait time. Well when I start the ordering process, the guy explains to me, BMW factory no longer allows 2/3 of their option packages. So in essence it'll be almost base unless I wanna overpay for their wheels, and other gimmicky *sugar*. Not even adaptive cruise. On a car thats 65-70k before stealership markups. At this point I am done with the guy and I am sure I am not gonna order anything, but I ask him about the mark up when ordering from factory. Out of sheer curiosity wanted to see if they'd honor MRSP. Well his initial markup was 12k, I laughed and didn't say anything so he decided to go and "talk to their manager about that". He comes back 30 seconds later and says because he is such nice guy, he was able to convince the manager they'll go 8k over MSRP. That's a huge drop of 4k, which is super rare for them. I took his card and was walking out the door, the manager comes out and says just now they are willing to part with their tester. Base i4 with upgraded wheels, the MSRP 62k and they want 15k over. I wasn't gonna pay that, but **** it at least I'll go see the car maybe test drive. So I do first walk around with the wife, open the door, didn't even get in the car and salesman comes up and says that's it's actually been just sold. I guess the manager approached another client and the lady immediately said yes.

So I calmed down with my impulses, still driving an SUV from Reno to Sacramento twice a week. 1k in fuel expenses per month waiting for a Tesla. So yeah I am pissy about Tesla EDD bulshit, but at least they aren't asking bunch money on top of MSRP for cars that is it outoptioned by a Camry.

So that's the issue I ran into. Learned a life lesson for me and funny story. I got inpatient and impulsive with the MYLR order.

Started looking at the BMW i4. Love the looks, and range is comparable, everyone online saying how great quality is so started looking online, and OMG all these BMW dealer sites have a *sugar* ton of inventory. With the packages I want, and colors that I like. Well like I said I got impulsive, and knowing the electric car market out there I figured no sense in waiting. Found the car I like online, for the price I can swallow, all in all the BMW of San Francisco online website showed me 65k out the door. Fully loaded i4. So at 2 am called up Navy Fed to finance my loan. Have cash at hand, figured I'd loan a bit for credit and pay off quickly. Got approved, few minutes later. Wasn't even able sleep that night. 7 am sharp, start calling up the stealership, need to know availability, and make sure what I want doesn't drive off the lot before I get there. 3 hr drive for me. At 7:30am they answer, and I get an audible laugh from the guy. He explained, apparently all those cars online are not available inventory, even though it says they are. Those are the orders of people who came in 8 months ago. At the time of me calling they had a base model tester they were willing to part with, for 10k nonnegotiable markup. So that would of put me at 70k. Hell no I am not paying that for base model. The guy politely laughed at me and hung up the phone. So I call BMW Sacramento. It's in my backyard, figured I'd order and and if it's 6-8 months wait time for BMW and a Tesla I'll wait for one or the other.

So I got to BMW Sacramento, same deal about the orders, online saying they have inventory, the lot is barren. So I talk to the guy about ordering me an i4 with 8 months wait time. Well when I start the ordering process, the guy explains to me, BMW factory no longer allows 2/3 of their option packages. So in essence it'll be almost base unless I wanna overpay for their wheels, and other gimmicky *sugar*. Not even adaptive cruise. On a car thats 65-70k before stealership markups. At this point I am done with the guy and I am sure I am not gonna order anything, but I ask him about the mark up when ordering from factory. Out of sheer curiosity wanted to see if they'd honor MRSP. Well his initial markup was 12k, I laughed and didn't say anything so he decided to go and "talk to their manager about that". He comes back 30 seconds later and says because he is such nice guy, he was able to convince the manager they'll go 8k over MSRP. That's a huge drop of 4k, which is super rare for them. I took his card and was walking out the door, the manager comes out and says just now they are willing to part with their tester. Base i4 with upgraded wheels, the MSRP 62k and they want 15k over. I wasn't gonna pay that, but **** it at least I'll go see the car maybe test drive. So I do first walk around with the wife, open the door, didn't even get in the car and salesman comes up and says that's it's actually been just sold. I guess the manager approached another client and the lady immediately said yes.

So I calmed down with my impulses, still driving an SUV from Reno to Sacramento twice a week. 1k in fuel expenses per month waiting for a Tesla. So yeah I am pissy about Tesla EDD bulshit, but at least they aren't asking bunch money on top of MSRP for cars that is it outoptioned by a Camry.
Man! I've had the same experience, I got fed up with Tesla's service so looked into getting BMW i4, polestar 2, mustang Mach e, ioniq5, GV60, but ultimately came to the conclusion that with huge "stealership" markups, and even if we federal tax rebate into the equation the other cars are just not worth it. Tesla is far far ahead of the competition

Man! I've had the same experience, I got fed up with Tesla's service so looked into getting BMW i4, polestar 2, mustang Mach e, ioniq5, GV60, but ultimately came to the conclusion that with huge "stealership" markups, and even if we federal tax rebate into the equation the other cars are just not worth it. Tesla is far far ahead of the competition
Not to mention, go and read the ”nightmare” long road trips people have with these non teslas have trying to find a charging station. Where I live in Florida, pretty much every Wawa has the new 250W superchargers, so the transition to electric is not that bad if you have a Tesla.

I didn’t realize this but I heard that long ago, Elon released the tech out to the “other“ big dealers to use his type of charging platform but since they wanted nothing to do with him, they chose their own charging standard and now look where they are. And as for our government “push” to go electric, before giving out incentives for people to buy electric cars, they should have laid out some sort of infostructure like Elon did 10 years ago. i totally understand teslas issues with trying to ramp up production while at the same time deal with supply chain issues, just wish they could have done a better job for this waiting experience.

BTW, Currently on day 4 after changing from MYLR to MYP and still have a Nov-Jan wait time. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure I will love the extra “fun factor” with the P. just not sure that if it ends up giving me the same delivery, it will be worth the extra 5k and $500-$1000 extra every time I need to change the tires (Let alone the ~30 less miles).

Agree with the ridiculous and "menopausal" (hot and cold😁) wait times but I've decided to be patient even though it irks me that my trade in value goes down the toilet everyday I wait for my car. Figured, it's already been 4 months since I ordered (Mar 17)....what's another 4-6 months. If I decide to change my config on the Y, it may set me back a few more months as what we have been seeing on some orders. Maybe Tesla caught up with some people adding options or switching to MYP to get cars early and decided that they might as well push them at the back of the burner (not a fact, just my conspiracy theories thinking - so don't yell at me😁). Looking at changing to a totally different brand, as some other members have posted...you deal with mark ups and other EV brands have similar wait times anyway 6-10 months. Even Ford stopped taking orders for the Lightning and production and delivery is not set until next year. So, here I am waiting and checking my order a few times a day like any other EDD addict😅😅

Reactions: BamaRed
So, here I am waiting and checking my order a few times a day like any other EDD addict😅😅
hah, I wish I could be that patient. Been so worried that switching ended up screwing me in the long run, that since I am currently on vacation, I’ve been checking …..let’s just say.. much much more than that. I will probably bring it down to 1-2 times a day once it updates to a new (and hopefully better) time.

Last edited:

I went into BMW of mountain view to look at the base i4 as well. I might have been biased but I thought the i4 was bland. Compared to the other BMWs I saw in their showroom, m5, m3, 430i... Man those cars look so good and aggressive. Then I saw the i4 and was like Yuck... The workers there said 12 month wait and they were not enthusiastic about showing us the car... It was sad... Just a sad place... Then I drove off in my 1 month old model y performance...

dang, my EDD just pushed from 7/23-8/6 all the way out to 11/13-12/25. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I rushed last week to get the wall connector installed. Oh well.
MYLR, MSM, w/tow OD 3/
Did you ever get trade in call/text?
Yes, the trade-in call and text came on 7/14. My account was set to cash but I gave them the info on my current car anyway. They came back on the 16th with a pretty low offer, so I switched my account back to cash.

How bad was the offer? Anything close to KBB? I’m waiting for them to update my financing portion to start the trade in/finance portion.
They offered about 90% of KBB but carmax online quoted me 10% above KBB. 32/36/39,500. I’m sure every trade is different. In some states the sales tax gives a pretty good incentive to trade. In my state the max sales tax on cars is $500. My best option is to sell my trade privately. But now my EDD has slipped to end of year. So ugh 😩

Last edited:
dang, my EDD just pushed from 7/23-8/6 all the way out to 11/13-12/25. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I rushed last week to get the wall connector installed. Oh well.
MYLR, MSM, w/tow OD 3/12
So, the date change this morning was apparently a head fake. I just got the VIN text A005XXX. Seems like a pretty low vin number for a July build. Anyway, interesting turn of events today.