Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wait is over! I took delivery of a Black Model Y Performance this afternoon after 129 days from order to deliver. Overall the delivery process was smooth. I used plaid for the down payment and handed them a check from my credit union for the rest after inspecting the car.

During my inspection I didn't spot any paint issues nor did I find any panel gaps that bothered me. There was a few pieces of plastic here and there that needed to be removed but that didn't bother me much, I just removed them.

Since I ordered before the mobile charger announcement I was expecting the mobile charger to be included in the car, It was NOT. I had to go back into the delivery center to ask for the charger and they promptly supplied it after asking me my order date. For those of you waiting to take delivery don't forget to check for it!

In terms of features I have all of the latest goodies, AMD Ryzen, the new battery type, Michelin all seasons, double pane windows up front, and heated wipers. Sadly no mud flaps or PPF on the car.

The ride home was not harsh over the bumps but this wasn't an uber soft ride either (i.e. no air suspension on this car). I found it to be comfortable none the less especially given its a performance oriented car.
I should be taking Deliver on the 9th. I was supposed to have it already but they had to bump me because it was missing a part that has to do with the trunk latch. Thanks for the tip on the mobile charger, I’ll definitely be checking for that

Are you guys using a check list of sorts when you get your delivery? Is that necessary? I have heard so many different things like even video recording your walk through. I'm starting to get paranoid
I think people are doing the checklist so they can find anything that will need to be addressed on the spot rather than finding out later. When my son picked up his Model 3, we were at the store close to 2 hrs because he was checking every box. But considering - this is still less time than going to the dealer and spending half a day going through the motions of negotiating, then inspecting then financing then trying to sell you extra stuff to pad the profit and next thing you know - you're at the dealer for almost 4-5 hrso_Oo_O

Yes, after over a month of staring at my EDD with no hope in sight. Finally moved a few days…😁😁 it is now November 19 -December 31. I wouldn’t mind a New Year’s Eve delivery also🤣🤣
26C21F6D-2A93-4C86-86B8-F2F5CAC09595.jpeg

Yes, after over a month of staring at my EDD with no hope in sight. Finally moved a few days…😁😁 it is now November 19 -December 31. I wouldn’t mind a New Year’s Eve delivery also🤣🤣
View attachment 838086
Nice to see many of us are all in that same range, and holding….for now. When in March did you order? I’m still sitting at Nov 13 - Jan 8. MYLRW

Reactions: sveetcharm
I'm also still holding steady at Nov 6-Dec 18.

It may be wishful thinking that Tesla has these EDDs more accurate now compared to the Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan orders that are seeing people pushed months and months from their orignal EDD.

I know that after the 2nd March price increase Tesla switched from providing single month EDDs on the order page to the 3 month range EDDs. And now seem to have settled everyones' EDDs into actual date ranges after the weird June 6th bump where all the MYLR orders got that vague Dec-Mar or Mar-Jun EDD.

Fingers crossed the system is more accurate now and come November we don't start to see our EDDs slip month by month like all the Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan orders are seeing.

Reactions: sveetcharm
For what it is worth, mine EDD was Dec 1-Jan 29 for a while until on July 22nd it updated to August 1-14. I then got a VIN the first few days in August. I checked everyday to see if that August date was going to stick and thankfully it did. My pick up day is tomorrow and hopefully all goes well.
I surely got lucky being in Florida

Congrats....I am hoping we'll see some positive movement for most of us in the near future. Things seem to be picking up in Austin. I'd am still holding out hope for a late September or early October delivery. We'll see.....

Congrats....I am hoping we'll see some positive movement for most of us in the near future. Things seem to be picking up in Austin. I'd am still holding out hope for a late September or early October delivery. We'll see.....
Maybe Tesla thought....."hey, since we've been making and delivering MYP's, maybe we should start making MYLR's to ease some of the MYLR backlogs😂😂, or maybe we should make 3 LR's out of every 10 Model Y we make"🤣🤣

Took delivery of our MYP today. The overall experience was fantastic compared to any other time we’ve purchased a vehicle. They allowed us ample time to inspect the car during which we found two issues that will require a service follow up. The front passenger door panel is misaligned and not flush with the fender panel, and the front driver side wheel has a knick in it right on the outer edge.

All in all a great experience and we were out of there in under an hour with most of that time being the inspection.

Woke up this morning to a significant improvement in my EDD. Went from Nov 6- Dec 18 to now Sep 28-Nov 2.
Maybe Austin is taking the load off the backlog or maybe US customers are starting to delay to try for the $7500 tax credit in Jan??

Either way I'll take it. No need to switch to MYP anymore the way things are trending. Will see if Tesla tries to squeeze my delivery into Sept EOQ.

Picked up my MYLR yesterday. Pick up was so easy! I got to the service center location about 30min before my scheduled time and was walking around and found my car which had a clip board it in and a paper on the dash with my name printed on it. We did the look over and were done. There were some paint chips on the edge of 1 door which we will have to get fixed but other than that it was great! It did have the mobile charger included as expected. I already had purchased the 14-50 adapter thankfully because it did not come with that- I had read conflicting reports as to whether or not it would come with it.

In case anyone is interested, my EDD just moved up to Sept 29 - Oct 31. Ordered on 3-14-22. My original EDD was September at the time I placed my order, then moved to Dec 2022 to Feb 2023 and has been slowly creeping back closer to September 2022 ever since. Hoping to get a VIN in October, fingers crossed.
Positive sign.
Seems all us early March orders with Blue are around the same time. Maybe Tesla has a Blue run scheduled for end of September....or just totally random...LOL

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Positive sign.
Seems all us early March orders with Blue are around the same time. Maybe Tesla has a Blue run scheduled for end of September....or just totally random...LOL
I've seen some others on here with similar date ranges and order dates, I'm kinda hoping there is going to be a batch with delivery to my state around that time. I'm thinking they may gather up enough for deliveries to the same relative location for logistical reasons, I dunno. I am curious however if its coming from Austin or Fremont.

I've seen some others on here with similar date ranges and order dates, I'm kinda hoping there is going to be a batch with delivery to my state around that time. I'm thinking they may gather up enough for deliveries to the same relative location for logistical reasons, I dunno. I am curious however if its coming from Austin or Fremont.
I know Tesla said they will use Austin for East and Fremont for West but not sure where Colorado falls into that logic.

I know mine will be Fremont as I've read Tesla has no plans to send Austin cars to Canada and I'm on the west coast anyways.