Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a Blue/white long range no tow or FSD 19' Gemini wheels. My EDD moved up from Nov 27-Jan 22 to Nov 17-Dec29th, only a week up... Also, I believe it has to do with where you are located.
That’s good news! I have the same config as you, but mine was pushed back to December-February (OD: 3/10) a few weeks ago. I should be getting it from Fremont though - are you east coast?

Final update:

OD: 3/30 MYP Blue/black, no tow, no FSD.
Original EDD: June - July. Numerous changes to EDD in first few weeks.

5/28 EDD update: 6/8 - 6/22 (first two week window)
5/30: trade text
6/6: 7/25 - 8/29
6/24: 7/17 - 8/14
7/7: added FSD
7/10: 7/26 - 8/9
7/27: 8/7-21
8/1: VIN assigned and EDD updated 8/13-21
8/6: Text indicating vehicle left factory.
8/9: Requested to schedule delivery.
8/13: Picked up from Loveland, CO.

More than thrilled with the quality. Wait was totally worth it, although a painful process nevertheless. Be patient all.

Picked up my MYLR yesterday. Pick up was so easy! I got to the service center location about 30min before my scheduled time and was walking around and found my car which had a clip board it in and a paper on the dash with my name printed on it. We did the look over and were done. There were some paint chips on the edge of 1 door which we will have to get fixed but other than that it was great! It did have the mobile charger included as expected. I already had purchased the 14-50 adapter thankfully because it did not come with that- I had read conflicting reports as to whether or not it would come with it.
I do not want to purchase the 14-50 adapter in case it comes with the car. I asked around as well and got mixed responses...

I do not want to purchase the 14-50 adapter in case it comes with the car. I asked around as well and got mixed responses...
Had to buy mine as well. I would say your chances are very slim that you would get it. On a good note, if you buy one and you happen to be the 1/1000 that get one, you can always just sell the one you bought on eBay since they are not always in stock. It would suck having to wait a week and only be able to plug into 110v.

when are they no longer putting the matrix headlights in. I thought it was a supply constraint?
The only mention I've seen is an October estimate from this article but as it is just a supply constraint that could change to earlier or later.
From that article
"According to information relayed to employees, Tesla does not know exactly when they will have enough supply but they are currently expecting to revert back to the old headlights sometime in October."

I do wonder why Tesla isn't permanently switching MYLR over to matrix as M3LR has matrix as standard. Also most other countries get Matrix on MYLR.

when are they no longer putting the matrix headlights in. I thought it was a supply constraint?

As soon as they can get reflector headlights from their supplier they are switching back. Sometime in October probably. I don't know why the change to matrix for LR cars isn't permanent as an additional differentiator from the standard range car... more than likely it is just because Tesla is milking us for extra profit. In other countries dynamic headlights on a car at this price range is considered a standard feature. Especially in Germany.

What makes the Matrix headlights different? I've not heard about this

In the US there are no real functional differences due to longstanding DOT regulations that were only recently changed.

In most of the rest of the world, dynamic headlights are able to do things like switch off the inner high beam (or switch to the low beam) while keeping the outer high beam on, so that oncoming drivers are not blinded but you get a superior view of the road. Beams can also be steered around oncoming traffic in addition to steering around corners.

BMW, Mercedes, Audi/VW and others have been doing this stuff now for about 20 years.

The regulations recently changed and it is anticipated that Tesla could start enabling this functionality on their cars in the near future, but it doesn't work if you don't have the hardware.

The Model 3 already has the Matrix headlights standard and in other markets all LR MY cars have them.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the MYP......really been itching and been back and forth since July justifying I really don't need it. But for a difference of 4k and the chance of getting some mileage back by getting smaller lighter rims. Can't beat that.......plus the big decision swinger is that the wife gave the thumbs up 🤣🤣🤣. So I'm working on pressing that button 😁😁