Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully we see people delay and cancel orders for the tax incentive and things move up a bit.

3/16 ordered MYLR MSM, induction, tow, white interior, 7 seater, currently sitting at October 30- Dec 7th estimated delivery.
I have EDD Nov 13, 2022-Jan 8, 2023. I wonder what year would i come as? is it 2022 or 2023?
MYLR/Red Color/7 seaters/tow hitch/black interior/No FSD
OD: 03/19/2022
Initial EDD: October 2022
New EDD: Nov 13, 2022 - Jan 8, 2023

I have EDD Nov 13, 2022-Jan 8, 2023. I wonder what year would i come as? is it 2022 or 2023?
You're just 2 days after my OD. About 2 weeks ago, my EDD was Nov 24-Jan 19, 2023. Currently it is at Nov 19-Dec 31. So You may still end up with a 2022 build. My other post, I mentioned that I was ready to pull the trigger on the MYP but after test driving it a couple of days ago to see for myself. I decided to forego the switch and keep my order again (for like the third time). Don't get me wrong, the P is fast but you can't really make use of the 3.5 (rollout) or 3.8 0-60 times unless you're tracking it. Frankly, I wasn't that impressed with the P because it also felt heavy (because it is bigger than the 3 - obviously), my son's 3 LR which goes 4.2 0-60 feels peppier. (go ahead - start the bashing😁😁). But, I will get the accelerated boost once I get my hands on my order and change to lighter 19 inch wheels.😆

In past years the model year change has happened Oct or Nov. I think last year cars built in Nov started to be labeled 2022. So good chance if your EDD stays in that range you will have 2023 model year.

I thought I would end up with a 2023 for sure but my EDD continues to improve and now I may catch the tail end of 2022. But I also may catch the tail end of the Matrix lights so I'll take the Matrix over 2023 on the label.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
Boom...

After months of showing three different EDDs all in mid November to late December, today we updated to late October to first week of December.

I was optimistically hoping for this on the premise that Austin production is making increasing impact on delivery dates.

OD 3/19/22 MYLR Blue/black, tow. Delivering in Richmond Virginia.

Boom...

After months of showing three different EDDs all in mid November to late December, today we updated to late October to first week of December.

I was optimistically hoping for this on the premise that Austin production is making increasing impact on delivery dates.

Wait, my OD is 3/17, 2 days ahead of you. Mine remains unchanged at 11/19-12/31.......😭😭😭

Boom...

I just checked mine after reading your post, and its still at Nov 13, 2022-Jan 8, 2023. My OD is the same as yours, but i am in California

I just checked mine after reading your post, and its still at Nov 13, 2022-Jan 8, 2023. My OD is the same as yours, but i am in California
Likewise, me too. OD: 3/19, current EDD 11/13-1/8. MYLR7 White ext/Black int/19, no tow, no FSD and Cali….so we should be seeing our dates move any day now in theory, right?

Is the build time longer for the 7 seater bs 5 seater LR? Maybe they continue to prioritize the 5 seater to increase daily production volume?

Patiently waiting my turn 😁

Hopefully soon....been reading the action in the Jan/Feb 2022 threads getting some LR action.....hopefully we'll see some in the coming weeks too....
Also saw this post in the Canada thread....March 10th order with VIN...

But it seems like most of the March MYLR orders are going to fall into Oct-Nov with I'm sure some squeezed in EOQ September in California.

MYLR/blue/white/No FSD
OD: 3/10
EDD: mid December - late January (it just shortened a week)

Don’t know why mine is pushed farther than others he
MYLR/blue/white/No FSD
OD: 3/10
EDD: mid December - late January (it just shortened a week)

Don’t know why mine is pushed farther than others here
Pretty close to you -

I’m MYLR blue/black/no FSD
OD: 3/12
EDD: late Nov - mid December

MYLR/White/Tow

Order date 3/14…EDD just moved up 7 weeks, now Sept 13-27th. Guessing orders are getting canceled to take advantage of 2023 credits. New orders are $6,000 more than my contract so little value in delaying till next year. Still pondering the value proposition with gas prices moderating and competition heating up. I really wish this thing had more range…..since real highway range is far lower than 330 miles…

I just changed mine from Long Range to Performance for an added cost of $5k. Original order date 3/10/22.

Pear White, White Interior, no other options.

ETA still showing 11/16/22 to 12/28/22. Original ETA was 8/2022 when I ordered. Will post back when I get a new ETA.
Couple hours after switching to Performance I got a text saying my VIN was assigned. ETA is now 8/30 to 9/5! Unbelievable.

MYLR/White/Tow

Order date 3/14…EDD just moved up 7 weeks, now Sept 13-27th. Guessing orders are getting canceled to take advantage of 2023 credits. New orders are $6,000 more than my contract so little value in delaying till next year. Still pondering the value proposition with gas prices moderating and competition heating up. I really wish this thing had more range…..since real highway range is far lower than 330 miles…
Congrats on a much accelerated EDD with a pretty narrow 2 week window. This is getting real for your order.

Everyone of us is doing the same calculus....value of delaying versus staying with our current order. Save at best a couple of grand in exchange for a longer wait. Each individual's situation is unique.

I expect a surge of orders for 2023 delivery, both new orders as well as follow-on orders from customers who cancel existing orders. This will keep prices up and lead times extended for most of 2023.