Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn’t seem to be rhyme or reason to their delivery dates based on order date. I do think that how you’re going to pay also plays into it though. The day I chose my payment method back in march my EDD changed from July to December. Since then it’s dialed back to October slowly .

My estimated delivery date hasn't really moved much; currently sitting at November 28 - January 09. I'm over in MD and reserved on March 1; MSM LR, 5 Seater, Gemini.

I haven't entered in all of my finance details yet, but maybe I should go ahead and do so? I recently had my trade-in re-appraised and surprisingly enough, it went up. I'm guessing Hurricane Ian may cause a temporarily increased some used car values.

Last edited:
I think demands are high everywhere else a lot of people are just waiting for their cars
True my ,EDD jump again and it was 20 /10———-24 /11……Now is 29/10————26/11.
Od 18/3/22 .White with tow black 20 “.
So it’s just waiting game i hope 🤞 to get 2023 instead for this all waiting and matrix headlights we deserve it after all.
So seat back and relax……

My estimated delivery date hasn't really moved much; currently sitting at November 28 - January 09. I'm over in MD and reserved on March 1; MSM LR, 5 Seater, Gemini.

I haven't entered in all of my finance details yet, but maybe I should go ahead and do so? I recently had my trade-in re-appraised and surprisingly enough, it went up. I'm guessing Hurricane Ian may cause a temporarily increased some used car values.
Are you going to use a site like carvana for your old car? I want to sell mine when my tesla comes in but I'm not sure what will give me the best price. I heard some online ones are the best but not sure.

Are you going to use a site like carvana for your old car? I want to sell mine when my tesla comes in but I'm not sure what will give me the best price. I heard some online ones are the best but not sure.
You can get appraisals from most of them pretty easily. Carmax required me to come in, and we're planning to sell our old vehicle to them tomorrow; it was 15% higher than what Tesla offered. Used car prices appear to be dropping hard week-over-week, but its possible Hurricane Ian may cause a temporarily surge in used car values. When we got our vehicle appraised last summer, it was around $35-36K between CarMax, Carvana, KBB. I got it appraised two weeks ago and it had dropped to $31K for the same places. I got it appraised last night, and it was up to $33K at CarMax only. MD offers a sales tax credit when trading in, but even if with that, selling outright to CarMax was still ahead over trading in with Tesla. Plus, if our Y doesnt arrive in the next 3 weeks, Tesla will need to do another appraisal. I really doubt our vehicle is going to hold its value between now and the end of this month...let alone through the end of the year (my current EDD.) Wholesale car prices are dropping and all of the car dealers (CarMax and Carvana included) are expecting high losses on their current inventory (ie cars bought at high prices that have loss a sizable amount of their value.)

We paid $35K for this car back in 2020, so we're likely still coming out dramatically ahead over where the used car market is headed (probably another 20-30% decline in prices at least in the next couple months.) Since we're planning to get rid of it in the next month or two, putting additional payments into the car (when it's gonna depreciate thousands) didnt make sense to us either. I mostly work from home, so one vehicle will work for us while we wait for the Y to arrive.

Last edited:
You can get appraisals from most of them pretty easily. Carmax required me to come in, and we're planning to sell our old vehicle to them tomorrow; it was 15% higher than what Tesla offered. Used car prices appear to be dropping hard week-over-week, but its possible Hurricane Ian may cause a temporarily surge in used car values. When we got our vehicle appraised last summer, it was around $35-36K between CarMax, Carvana, KBB. I got it appraised two weeks ago and it had dropped to $31K for the same places. I got it appraised last night, and it was up to $33K at CarMax only. MD offers a sales tax credit when trading in, but even if with that, selling outright to CarMax was still ahead over trading in with Tesla. Plus, if our Y doesnt arrive in the next 3 weeks, Tesla will need to do another appraisal. I really doubt our vehicle is going to hold its value between now and the end of this month...let alone through the end of the year (my current EDD.) Wholesale car prices are dropping and all of the car dealers (CarMax and Carvana included) are expecting high losses on their current inventory (ie cars bought at high prices that have loss a sizable amount of their value.)

We paid $35K for this car back in 2020, so we're likely still coming out dramatically ahead over where the used car market is headed (probably another 20-30% decline in prices at least in the next couple months.) Since we're planning to get rid of it in the next month or two, putting additional payments into the car (when it's gonna depreciate thousands) didnt make sense to us either. I mostly work from home, so one vehicle will work for us while we wait for the Y to arrive.
Might be a good idea to let it go now if you could manage your way till you get delivery. Though i do not currently own a Tesla, but i was worried about trade in before i ordered for the model Y. We had 2 new vehicles (2021 Lexus Rx 350 (own) and 2021 RAV 4 (lease), then a 2008 Infinity QX56 that i use as utility car. So i got to know my Sister Inlaw and her husband were looking for another car, i quickly made them offer to pay off the leased car (RAV4) and own it, they were very happy and took the deal, so i then gave the Lexus to my wife and then started driving the infiniti since March, so i know all i have to deal with is the downpayment which i am trying to put as much as possible down to reduce monthly payment, with this frequent delay, looks like i ll be able to do 70% 80% downpayment lol, thats if i dont just pay it off at once.