Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. How safe is this. I don't like to do $$$$$ transaction via wireless et al... except Paypal because we all know Paypal is super safe which BTW was created by Elon (one of the original members, That's why he is a B and I am not ...hahaha)
It is safe as long as you can confirm that the recipient information is correct. Last time I did it at the delivery location and they confirmed receipt. I don't like doing it before I see the vehicle. I bought two Tesla's that way andI am going to do my third the same way next week. They encourage you to do it ahead of time but that gives you no leverage if something goes wrong. FWIW, the lendors don't fund until they know title has changed, and that only take place when I pay and take possession.

Does the community have a preference between Fremont and Austin?
I did hear rumors that the Austin builds might be LFP battery chemistry which I would prefer. I have no confirmation of that rumor. I ended up with at Fremont build so it did not matter to me. At another time I heard the Austin build also were using the more advanced casting for the rear but again, not confirmation.

Reactions: yung dac biet
Now that most people are getting 2023 VIN/Build. Is it still possible for someone to still receive a 2022 VIN/Build at this time and going forward without Tesla risking law-suit etc regardless if its Austin or Fremont Build. I am just thinking since the base price is the same regardless of location of build. Just a thought.

Now that most people are getting 2023 VIN/Build. Is it still possible for someone to still receive a 2022 VIN/Build at this time and going forward without Tesla risking law-suit etc regardless if its Austin or Fremont Build. I am just thinking since the base price is the same regardless of location of build. Just a thought.
A new 2022 VIN assigned from the factory? No. A 2022 VIN assigned because someone else rejected or couldn't pick up? Yes.

I can't see how there would be any grounds for a lawsuit. Tesla certainly didn't promise anyone a 2023 car who ordered in March. If you get a 2022 VIN and don't want it then just reject it and cross your fingers the 2nd one is 2023 (because you can't reject two VINs in a row).

Ok, i think the keyword is to reject. I am someone who is paranoid about build year. i dont know why. Even when i used to buy new lexus off the lot, i will always wait till March/April of the year, so i can get January/February build, and i will open to check all the lot until i find the one i am looking for. At this time having wait till December for delivery date, i think i will prefer a Model Y with anything 2023.

MYLR 2023 Austin VIN, 3/12/22 OOD, I show an MVPA, curious if that means anything? No contact from delivery location (Mt. Kisco) and still waiting on the trade in text for my truck. Anyone similar experience?

Mongo
Out or curiosity is your MYLR white or black interior? I have a hunch that people with white interior have been delayed more frequently over those with black interior possibly due to supply issues.

Reactions: John Haffner
Out or curiosity is your MYLR white or black interior? I have a hunch that people with white interior have been delayed more frequently over those with black interior possibly due to supply issues.
Sorry didn't get into much details....MYLR5, Grey w/ black interior & 19" wheels...Interesting that white would be held up more...never know though w/ things lately, always one items to screw up the entire chain...

Mongo

Reactions: Ribbon
Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 7.32.16 PM.png

Did anyone else has this option? I am still waiting for a VIN and the EDD is 11/9 -11/23.