Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whooooo nelly, today is Christmas for white seat orders apparently because I just got my VIN too! This morning my EDD was still Dec. 1-29 but I just got the text message: "Hi John, your VIN is assigned. Upload an insurance policy in the Tesla app now. We will message you again when it's time to schedule your delivery." And to think, just last night I started to contemplate getting pushed to January and benefitting from the credit.

I checked the app, saw the VIN: 7SAYGDEE4PFXXXXXX. Checked my account page, saw the "no USS" waiver, clicked to Proceed with Delivery.
New EDD: December 14-23. No word on the mobile charger code yet.
Time to get our ducks in a row!

Whooooo nelly, today is Christmas for white seat orders apparently because I just got my VIN too! This morning my EDD was still Dec. 1-29 but I just got the text message: "Hi John, your VIN is assigned. Upload an insurance policy in the Tesla app now. We will message you again when it's time to schedule your delivery." And to think, just last night I started to contemplate getting pushed to January and benefitting from the credit.

I checked the app, saw the VIN: 7SAYGDEE4PFXXXXXX. Checked my account page, saw the "no USS" waiver, clicked to Proceed with Delivery.
New EDD: December 14-23. No word on the mobile charger code yet.
Time to get our ducks in a row!
sorry if its been covered before, what is the no USS waiver?

I think the only thing that has kinda annoyed me with our recently-delivered LRY is the lack of the Tesla-Vision alternative for the USS. The Tesla SC in Rockville, MD is kinda new (used to be an old BMW building.) They park the cars for delivery on the top level of the garage; you have to go down a few levels to get out. The garage itself is relatively tight, so we had to do a three-point turn to make these 90 degree-barricaded turns. Not knowing where the front of the car made me super cautious, but I imagine a few folks are gonna scrape their new cars trying to get out. 😭
dam. im pretty bad with turning and alway hit curb in the streets? i scratch my old car tire a few times like that. :(

dam. im pretty bad with turning and alway hit curb in the streets? i scratch my old car tire a few times like that. :(
I think the sides are fine as long you rely on the cameras and mirrors. For turns in an enclosed area, it’s hard to judge where the nose of the car is. Depending on your seating position, you may not even see the hood. Hopefully Tesla will release the Tesla Vision update soon.

Reactions: Frikz
Hey, was just wondering if you got a VIN assigned yet? Felt like we were on the same schedule and I got one assigned this afternoon
No nothing yet. Looks like the white interiors are still coming from CA as people are getting their VIN #’s but deliveries 2 weeks away so they are probably getting on the trains if shipping to East Coast. I am pretty positive I will end up mid December at best.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
I think the sides are fine as long you rely on the cameras and mirrors. For turns in an enclosed area, it’s hard to judge where the nose of the car is. Depending on your seating position, you may not even see the hood. Hopefully Tesla will release the Tesla Vision update soon.
Not hopeful on the soon part on Tesla Vision Park Assist if Tesla is basically having us sign a legal acknowledgment to protect their butts. Seems more likely they know there will be a significant gap in this capability. Several features are still years late.

This will really piss me off. I have no other way to charge the car. Kind of like selling the car with no motor. What a bunch of BS.
Mobile charger just came to stock today so I was able to order it, but yeah it won't come before I get my car. My EDD updated slightly to 11/26-12/5. Hopefully, the dealer can give me some free pass to supercharger or something.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Wait, are we supposed to get a coupon for a mobile charger?
Yes for sure if you ordered before I think 3/29. If you did Not get, hit up your SA. They will only send you the code though, at the very end when they assign you VIN # to my knowledge. I will be screaming about it if they assign my VIN and don’t send so I have a chance to get before the car arrives. They should have just included with the car to avoid all the drama.

Mobile charger just came to stock today so I was able to order it, but yeah it won't come before I get my car. My EDD updated slightly to 11/26-12/5. Hopefully, the dealer can give me some free pass to supercharger or something.
That is great news. I don’t care about a few day delay, as I can hit a super charger up for a week or so. Just was worried about weeks or months delay. Hey I like the idea to request some supercharger credits for our trouble. They should have done that for the USS removal. Between the two, should have a good case to hit up the SA to send us some love.

Yes for sure if you ordered before I think 3/29. If you did Not get, hit up your SA. They will only send you the code though, at the very end when they assign you VIN # to my knowledge. I will be screaming about it if they assign my VIN and don’t send so I have a chance to get before the car arrives. They should have just included with the car to avoid all the drama.
I got assigned a VIN number today. I ordered on 3/12. How soon should I expect the mobile charger code?

In case folks are wondering - I got my coupon code before delivery, but after getting my VIN. My neighbor only got his code after delivery. Long story short - YMMV (and we are both March orders). Can just text the same number that contacted you and they’ll respond.

Also, I noticed the UMC price went up to $230 now. Was out of stock earlier this week and now available again.

Reactions: John Haffner
Got my 2023 VIN# this morning but no charger code.

Has anyone gone with the Tesla Insurance as I wanted to try that out. Not that happy with them giging you on night time driving as I drive to FL twice a year in those hours. Seems unfair if you are using their autopilot while driving at night. Anyway specifically wondering if you were able to get a $0 deductible comprehensive which covers theft damage and windshields. I have always found the difference to lower down worth it as I have a tendency to be a rock magnet for windshields. Effectively just ends up pre-paying for the deductible as you go.

Looks like we are all in the same boat so great that we can keep helping each other out though these questions.

Reactions: Nick Mazz
FWIW, I got an email with MC coupon code the same day I got an email saying Final Payment is ready which is what clued me in to a possible VIN. I only found the VIN with my own sleuthing finding an MVPA now listed on my account with the VIN. I never received any other type of notification that I had a VIN. Even the source code didn't have the VIN for another day or two. My app and website account page didn't show the VIN till a week later when I had scheduled my delivery. Scheduling delivery was initiated by me via texting back the Tesla number. At first because I wanted to do a trade in but hadn't told Tesla that until I saw the VIN. I'm sure if I hadn't done that they would have eventually contacted me.

As far as I can tell, based off of the huge variation of stories on here, I think once it comes time for a VIN the process stops being automatic and is controlled by your local delivery centre. They likely initiate sending the coupon and updating the account with a VIN, scheduling delivery etc.

Reactions: John Haffner