Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today with my trade in. Everything went smooth, car is flawless, gaps are in good order. Interior -no scratches whatsoever. Have the cargo cover, non matrix lights, no USS. Old cameras? I think. 45 mins later we were on our way home. My son had to go back because I left the garage opener in the trade in, good thing that they are only 20 minutes away. Will set up an appointment for my free front mudflaps and rocker panel ppf 😁.
Looks great Cograts! I am doing a trade in too. Do they inspect the trade in? Just hoping they don't try to give less if they see a scratch or something. Also, do you think I need to bring the trade in with a full tank of gas? Never did a trade in before. Going to pick mine up Friday and going to have it wrapped matte black on the 27th. (Already using up my Dec credit lol)

Reactions: slvervper99
Looks great Cograts! I am doing a trade in too. Do they inspect the trade in? Just hoping they don't try to give less if they see a scratch or something. Also, do you think I need to bring the trade in with a full tank of gas? Never did a trade in before. Going to pick mine up Friday and going to have it wrapped matte black on the 27th. (Already using up my Dec credit lol)
No they didn't even take my car for a test drive, not that there is anything wrong with it 😁 . When my son traded in his Civic for the Model 3. It was basically the same, they didn't do an inspection unlike your local stealership that will "inspect the car" and low ball you with the numbers😁. In all honestly, Tesla gave me $13100 for my car. Carguru was $13800 and Carmax was $13600. I chose to trade it in even though the other 2 were higher because, it brought the Model Y price down by $13100 effectively reducing my sales tax by over $900. If I had sold the car to Carguru or Carmax, I would end up paying $4300 instead of $3400 in sales tax because I am paying for $61K priced car compared to a $48.5 priced car after trade in. So in essence, I still came out $200 ahead with the Tesla trade in. Someone here with better understanding with taxes may chime in and tell me I'm wrong. 😁

No they didn't even take my car for a test drive, not that there is anything wrong with it 😁 . When my son traded in his Civic for the Model 3. It was basically the same, they didn't do an inspection unlike your local stealership that will "inspect the car" and low ball you with the numbers😁. In all honestly, Tesla gave me $13100 for my car. Carguru was $13800 and Carmax was $13600. I chose to trade it in even though the other 2 were higher because, it brought the Model Y price down by $13100 effectively reducing my sales tax by over $900. If I had sold the car to Carguru or Carmax, I would end up paying $4300 instead of $3400 in sales tax because I am paying for $61K priced car compared to a $48.5 priced car after trade in. So in essence, I still came out $200 ahead with the Tesla trade in. Someone here with better understanding with taxes may chime in and tell me I'm wrong. 😁
Yes, that is exactly why I am doing the trade in as well. The tax savings is the biggest benefit for doing the trade in. I just didn't want to seem like I wasn't courteous by not filling up the tank, but sounds like they don't care lol.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Yes, that is exactly why I am doing the trade in as well. The tax savings is the biggest benefit for doing the trade in. I just didn't want to seem like I wasn't courteous by not filling up the tank, but sounds like they don't care lol.
Exactly....😄,I put gas only because my tank was almost empty and I was still a couple of days from delivery plus I still have to go to work😄, so I put in $10 worth of gas which is roughly 3 gals. And my registration was due Dec 31, 2022 for $158. Didn't renew that either, really no point to spend $158 for a car that I will no longer own.

Reactions: Nick Mazz
Man, babysitting these SA’s is getting old. I finally got my Delivery date scheduled, but the MVPA did not get updated properly with the discount as the SA had stated it would. Also it is not the signed version that my bank says they need to issue the check. Anyone else having these problems? Oh yea, and I forgot, the car will come in at least 2 full days before the charger. This is amateur hour.

Last edited:
Man, babysitting these SA’s is getting old. I finally got my Delivery date scheduled, but the MVPA did not get updated properly with the discount as the SA had stated it would. Also it is not the signed version that my bank says they need to issue the check. Anyone else having these problems? Oh yea, and I forgot, the car will come in at least 2 full days before the charger. This is amateur hour.
My MVPA didn't update either, however my loan agreement on the website did show the discount and this was roughly 24 hrs prior to me picking up my car. speaking of which, I got a quote on the Tesla app about the Tesla insurance, my quote was $108/month which is very good considering State Farm gave me a quote of $107/month (not final so it could go up or down). Why do I say Tesla insurance is good; well, because $108 is straight insurance without any multi-car or home bundle unlike State Farm. My $107 quote is because I have multi-car and home bundle, if I didn't have those, I can guarantee you, it will be higher. Coverage is similar to what I have with my other cars, only thing I forgot to look at was the deductible.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information slverper99. I am still a bit confused though. Here is the text exactly from my SA. “Good evening, the price adjustment will show on your mvpa the day of delivery. Since this is a refunded amount you will receive the refund of the $3750 after taking delivery of the vehicle.” I don't have a loan agreement with Tesla as I am funding very little from my credit union.

Does this mean a check mailed to me after the fact? How am I supposed to lower the loan amount by $3750 if the MVPA I am sending to my bank to get a check doesn't match the final MVPA on day of delivery? Since my SA has been full of crap the entire time “remember he told me just a few days ago the MVPA would update itself after I scheduled delivery” sorry if I dont trust these guys farther than I can throw them at this point. Also there is no way I am accepting delivery without some paperwork on the rebate being in writing. Again this looks like total amateur hour.

I am picking up my car on Friday and just went into the app and looked at the final payment section and I just noticed that they added the $3750 credit. Since I paid already, it shows a neg balance and they said I will be mailed a check for the neg balance.

I am picking up my car on Friday and just went into the app and looked at the final payment section and I just noticed that they added the $3750 credit. Since I paid already, it shows a neg balance and they said I will be mailed a check for the neg balance.
Thanks Nick for the additional information. That makes sense to me since you already paid. For me this makes no sense at all they should just update the MVPA now. Thinking they are trying to get it to be a check mailed back to me in 4-6 weeks to pocket more interest. My bank was clear to me that Tesla always does this and the members have to go back and request the signed copy of the MVPA for the bank to even issue the check. My SA hasn't even acknowledged this after multiple texts. Going to call Tesla directly again if I continue to get nowhere with my local SA. These guys are not trained in finance issues clearly.

Reactions: Ymond
Thanks Nick for the additional information. That makes sense to me since you already paid. For me this makes no sense at all they should just update the MVPA now. Thinking they are trying to get it to be a check mailed back to me in 4-6 weeks to pocket more interest. My bank was clear to me that Tesla always does this and the members have to go back and request the signed copy of the MVPA for the bank to even issue the check. My SA hasn't even acknowledged this after multiple texts. Going to call Tesla directly again if I continue to get nowhere with my local SA. These guys are not trained in finance issues clearly.
Assuming, I know what talking about and please correct me if this is the wrong document because this is the one I sent to Illinois EPA to get my Illinois EV rebate as one requirement is the MVPA. But the attached order agreement didn’t have my adjusted credit for me. Hopefully you get yours straightened out.

Attachments

• 49FDE170-1904-43D6-8CB6-557B2FAE15FB.jpeg
    49FDE170-1904-43D6-8CB6-557B2FAE15FB.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 80
Received my VIN today and shortly after I scheduled my delivery appointment for 12/8. I texted them about the $3750 credit. They said it would reflect on my MVPA and payment either later today or tomorrow. No more than an hour later both were updated with the credit posted ($3750 subtracted from the price of the vehicle). I had not put in any payment information until after I saw the credit applied.

Reactions: slvervper99
I just received my" it's time to schedule your delivery text" It shows 12/16, 12/17 or 12/18. I am thinking of rejecting this vin to push out as farthest as possible towards the year end in case Tesla wants to sweeten the pot and give an extra $$ off. When can I do that, when it is closer to the delivery window they gave me or will they keep messaging me?

I just received my" it's time to schedule your delivery text" It shows 12/16, 12/17 or 12/18. I am thinking of rejecting this vin to push out as farthest as possible towards the year end in case Tesla wants to sweeten the pot and give an extra $$ off. When can I do that, when it is closer to the delivery window they gave me or will they keep messaging me?
Seriously doubt they will sweeten it anymore. If I were you I will take delivery as soon as possible.

Well it has been 9 months as of today. Delivery date is set for tomorrow but I really don't think they will let me pickup my car? Same problem the bank wants a signed Bill Of Sale and Tesla wants the car paid for. I think that's why they want you to use their bank. Went into the store yesterday and just got the run around. They wrote down the order date on the purchase date line, did not know the phone number of the the store, etc. I guess i'm going to have to go in tomorrow when they open up to see what's going to happen. Do I return my leased car tomorrow or do I have to wait longer for the Tesla?

Assuming, I know what talking about and please correct me if this is the wrong document because this is the one I sent to Illinois EPA to get my Illinois EV rebate as one requirement is the MVPA. But the attached order agreement didn’t have my adjusted credit for me. Hopefully you get yours straightened out.
That is the document and I am having the same issue with them not wanting to update it properly. Problem is even without the credit issue not showing, my bank will not accept an unsigned version but talking to my SA is like talking to a wall.

Well it has been 9 months as of today. Delivery date is set for tomorrow but I really don't think they will let me pickup my car? Same problem the bank wants a signed Bill Of Sale and Tesla wants the car paid for. I think that's why they want you to use their bank. Went into the store yesterday and just got the run around. They wrote down the order date on the purchase date line, did not know the phone number of the the store, etc. I guess i'm going to have to go in tomorrow when they open up to see what's going to happen. Do I return my leased car tomorrow or do I have to wait longer for the Tesla?
Not sure what kind of crap they are trying to pull here but this has to be resolved soon. I am calling up Tesla themselves to get someone who knows what the hell is going on.

I highly recommend anyone going through the same junk with a local SA call Tesla directly. I had to wait online over 1 hour, but when the guy answered the phone he was able to immediately see and understand the problem. He also confirmed the $3750 was already credited to my account or there on the account. He said he would update the MVPA properly with the discount and the signature. He also said they are normally signed, so he was not even sure why mine was not signed. I will confirmed when everything is actually fixed, but the whole thing took only about 5 minutes and the guy was fantastic.
Moral of the story is if your SA is clueless or non responsive, call into Tesla and they will probably help you out quickly after a long wait time. I could have easily just asked for the call back instead of staying on hold, but wasn‘t too confident I would actually get called back today. I am assuming everyone’s experience is going to be different depending where you live, but I can tell you in Baltimore unfortunately this is more common than not as many employees are not that great or part of a constantly revolving door.

I highly recommend anyone going through the same junk with a local SA call Tesla directly. I had to wait online over 1 hour, but when the guy answered the phone he was able to immediately see and understand the problem. He also confirmed the $3750 was already credited to my account or there on the account. He said he would update the MVPA properly with the discount and the signature. He also said they are normally signed, so he was not even sure why mine was not signed. I will confirmed when everything is actually fixed, but the whole thing took only about 5 minutes and the guy was fantastic.
Moral of the story is if your SA is clueless or non responsive, call into Tesla and they will probably help you out quickly after a long wait time. I could have easily just asked for the call back instead of staying on hold, but wasn‘t too confident I would actually get called back today.
I will call them but I have been texting them and they have been responsive. I checked my account again and the MVPA is still not there. I texted them back if it is not there then I am delaying my pickup. Le'ts see what they will say. lol