Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MVPA is fully fixed properly now, but not signed yet in the application. My local SA has reached out to me now, so I think they are just going to sign now and send me the .pdf which is all I need. Looking much better for Saturday delivery, but still way more drama and effort that should ever have been required. Literally took the guy on the phone 1 minute to understand the issue and say they would fix, which they have. Also local guys now seem like no big deal to get me the signed copy, although lets see how long that still takes them to get for me.

On another note, was anyone able to get them to install the home link system in the car immediately upon taking delivery?

Reactions: slvervper99
My MVPA is fully fixed properly now, but not signed yet in the application. My local SA has reached out to me now, so I think they are just going to sign now and send me the .pdf which is all I need. Looking much better for Saturday delivery, but still way more drama and effort that should ever have been required. Literally took the guy on the phone 1 minute to understand the issue and say they would fix, which they have. Also local guys now seem like no big deal to get me the signed copy, although lets see how long that still takes them to get for me.

On another note, was anyone able to get them to install the home link system in the car immediately upon taking delivery?
When we took delivery last year, homelink was a separate appointment. In my experience, delivery days are especially busy and the centers can’t accommodate individual requests. Plus, service appointments are requested in the app… after you take delivery. I suppose you could try to get an appointment in that moment!

Well they finally signed and re-uploaded the properly fixed and signed MVPA. Not sure why this was so hard, but hopefully smooth sailing from here. Should pick up bank check on Friday and then delivery day Saturday. Hopefully the rest of the experience is much more fun.

As far as home link being worth it, it really is not, but the convenience and cool factor is nice to have. I would be more concerned about does it reliably work, or is it more pain than convenience? I have a smart home and wanted to automate the garage for some time, but Zwave tokens are not that reliable and the systems that work are over $200 anyway. Used the unit seems to go for right around $200 so the real question is the extra $150 worth it for knowing it is new/warranted and for the hands free install. Again it is really not, but then again $250 for floor mats I am just going to step on are really not worth it either.

Reactions: Ymond
So I took delivery of my car today. I was just freaking out too much yesterday worrying about the paper work and financing. I was pre approved but did not think Tesla would let the car go before it was funded. Everything went smoothly.

Attachments

• 2023 MYLR.jpeg
    2023 MYLR.jpeg
    881.4 KB · Views: 120
Off topic, but thought you guys would like to know. looks like $200 total for 5years if you include the control hardware. Would actually be about the same if you kept your car more than 5 years. It looks like it will be fully automated just like the homelink though, so no need to pull out the app, etc. That method would be free ($20 only for hardware). What concerns me the most is what people are saying for delay time. Pulling up to a driveway, you would only have 1 or 2 seconds to execute the request or the door will not be open when you need it to be. Not as cut and dry as I originally thought.

Looks like I might spend the $19.99 to get the control, test it out fully using the phone, and if it works well, then just pay the $180 subscription cost. That way you are only out $20 if it is not reliable or fast enough and then you can go buy the homelink or simply bail and use the old opener behind the screen method.

So I took delivery of my car today. I was just freaking out too much yesterday worrying about the paper work and financing. I was pre approved but did not think Tesla would let the car go before it was funded. Everything went smoothly.
Awesome Ymond. Got most of my issues resolved as well. Only big problem is the check has to be perfect as my delivery time is scheduled after my bank closes. Pick up check tomorrow, car on Saturday. Can’t wait.

Reactions: Ymond
Got car a full day early after text from Tesla that it was ready if I wanted to pick up. Build quality was immaculate with only one issue that I denoted on the delivery. There was a slight wider gap on the right passenger side rear wheel trim piece in the very back. This picture makes it look 10 times worse than in real life. Not even sure I am going to enter it as a defect to fix. I am super impressed with the car. Fast as hell, and very comfortable to drive. All and all super happy.

Attachments

• 8B204F77-735F-4F90-84CD-89F789EE14F5.jpeg
    8B204F77-735F-4F90-84CD-89F789EE14F5.jpeg
    532.7 KB · Views: 55
I have 2 garage openers that are spoken for. I suppose I can look up my garage opener model and look for a used garage door opener which will make it a cheaper option😁
I am disappointed that MYLR does not come with a built-in homelink like my previous lexus. $60k+ car and they have to be that cheap. I decide to use the existing Sears garage opener. It costs me $Zero

I purchased the $20 myQ opener to play with it. I am mostly concerned with delay time and how far out I can get it to trigger to open the garage door. Looks like a good improvement over the homelink for the simple fact it already knows the if the door is open or shut, so it wont trigger the opposite action by mistake.

Off topic, but thought you guys would like to know. looks like $200 total for 5years if you include the control hardware. Would actually be about the same if you kept your car more than 5 years. It looks like it will be fully automated just like the homelink though, so no need to pull out the app, etc. That method would be free ($20 only for hardware). What concerns me the most is what people are saying for delay time. Pulling up to a driveway, you would only have 1 or 2 seconds to execute the request or the door will not be open when you need it to be. Not as cut and dry as I originally thought.

Looks like I might spend the $19.99 to get the control, test it out fully using the phone, and if it works well, then just pay the $180 subscription cost. That way you are only out $20 if it is not reliable or fast enough and then you can go buy the homelink or simply bail and use the old opener behind the screen method.
I think you might have some bad information about this new feature.

There’s no “$19.99 control” that makes this work. This will be something that is delivered as a software update and allows the Tesla to open and close the garage door via its connectivity to the Internet. For it to work you would have to have a newer Chamberlain garage door opener that includes the internet connected MyQ functionality. At that point you would simply log in the Tesla to your MyQ app and then set it up like Homelink with options for how close or far it needs to open or close the door.

As far as vehicle positioning goes, the Tesla knows its distance to your home just like it does when it does this with Homelink so I see no potential for a difference here other than a possible delay of communicating the open/close request over the internet. Since this has probably already been tested internally I imagine they have this dialed in.

One big thing this fixes that has happened to many owners using the Homelink functionality is the dreaded scenario where the Tesla thinks it’s leaving or arriving when it’s still under the door and the door starts to close down on the car… in some cases damaging the vehicle.

Since the Chamberlain openers know if they are open or close, if you tell it “I’m arriving I need to open” and it’s already open it won’t send another signal to “open” since it already knows it is in that state.

There’s no “$19.99 control” that makes this work. This will be something that is delivered as a software update and allows the Tesla to open and close the garage door via its connectivity to the Internet. For it to work you would have to have a newer Chamberlain garage door opener that includes the internet connected MyQ functionality. At that point you would simply log in the Tesla to your MyQ app and then set it up like Homelink with options for how close or far it needs to open or close the door.

As far as vehicle positioning goes, the Tesla knows its distance to your home just like it does when it does this with Homelink so I see no potential for a difference here other than a possible delay of communicating the open/close request over the internet. Since this has probably already been tested internally I imagine they have this dialed in.

One big thing this fixes that has happened to many owners using the Homelink functionality is the dreaded scenario where the Tesla thinks it’s leaving or arriving when it’s still under the door and the door starts to close down on the car… in some cases damaging the vehicle.

Since the Chamberlain openers know if they are open or close, if you tell it “I’m arriving I need to open” and it’s already open it won’t send another signal to “open” since it already knows it is in that state.
Is this the $20 device?

myQ Chamberlain Smart Garage Control - Wireless Garage Hub and Sensor with Wifi & Bluetooth - Smartphone Controlled, myQ-G0401-ES, White https://a.co/d/0sAlvX8

Is this the $20 device?

myQ Chamberlain Smart Garage Control - Wireless Garage Hub and Sensor with Wifi & Bluetooth - Smartphone Controlled, myQ-G0401-ES, White Amazon.com
Perhaps it is. I was not aware of the existence of that box but am quite familiar with the new Chamberlain myQ openers since I replaced the two old openers in my house with Chamberlain units over the summer.

That is interesting because the no $19.99 control that doesn’t exist is in my hands currently. It converts a non smart garage door to a myQ garage door. After you purchase this to convert a normal door, then you would need to pay the $179 / 5 years to enable the Tesla control feature.

Attachments

• A07E16B7-8D74-4079-AEBF-E41EF3B38B1C.jpeg
    A07E16B7-8D74-4079-AEBF-E41EF3B38B1C.jpeg
    383.2 KB · Views: 40