Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps it is. I was not aware of the existence of that box but am quite familiar with the new Chamberlain myQ openers since I replaced the two old openers in my house with Chamberlain units over the summer.
No worries, just read the rest of the thread after posting the control. That‘s why I said these might sell like hot cakes after Tesla actually releases the holiday update and people find out about that option. I like the idea to be able to test everything out and then decide if it is worth it.

Well, I don't have the Chamberlain garage opener, I have the Craftsman and have no plans on replacing my current garage opener anytime soon. I may just keep my current openers until such time that I will need to replace my current garage opener unit. Buying the one from Tesla is more a want than a need because it seems cool.🤣🤣

Let us know how you like it. I was thinking of getting one too but I wish you didn't have to be on wifi to open the garage. I was also looking at the T2C carplay you mentioned but the USA version seems to always be out of stock. Wonder if that works well too.
I just installed it and it is working really, really fast, like under 2 seconds fast and that was after I forced Wi-Fi off on my phone so the app was going though cellular. This is certainly going to be fast enough to replace homelink. Just the fact that the door knows if it is up or down and wont send the wrong command is worth the $20 alone. I am really hoping the $179 deal is a pay as you go deal.

Reactions: slvervper99
Well, I don't have the Chamberlain garage opener, I have the Craftsman and have no plans on replacing my current garage opener anytime soon. I may just keep my current openers until such time that I will need to replace my current garage opener unit. Buying the one from Tesla is more a want than a need because it seems cool.🤣🤣
Check the compatibility list as I swore I saw Sears Craftsman on the list. It is very simple. The hub gets on your Wi-Fi, and then I believe bluetooths to the sensor on the door wirelessly. It then programs off the learning button on your garage main unit like any other remote. Effectively you are just bridging through the internet to trigger the same signal as your normal garage door remote from the hub.

Love the car so far, but very disappointed with the Bluetooth audio controls for an iPhone. No playlists, songs, albulm art etc. Feels like you just stepped back in time 10 years. Not at all the Tesla experience. Hoping Apple Music integration and music player improvements at least bring back basic functionality. At this point, I will have to do all song navigation on the phone itself, which is not really safe while driving.

Love the car so far, but very disappointed with the Bluetooth audio controls for an iPhone. No playlists, songs, albulm art etc. Feels like you just stepped back in time 10 years. Not at all the Tesla experience. Hoping Apple Music integration and music player improvements at least bring back basic functionality. At this point, I will have to do all song navigation on the phone itself, which is not really safe while driving.
Yes, I agree and am having the same issues. I use waze and the sound was at least coming through the tesla spreakers then all of a sudden stopped. So now I hear nothing when waze it telling you where to turn. Everything else works through bluetooth idk why waze stopped. I check the settings in waze and it is set to tesla. I really want apple carplay lol

Reactions: John Haffner
This is the one area that has me considering a non-Tesla for my personal vehicle while my MY is going to my wife.

I like CarPlay. And I like using YouTube music because it's rolled into my Premium YouTube subscription.

I don't personally like Spotify so now I have to consider subscribing for a service I don't like just to have in-car audio controls beyond the basic skip and pause.

Reactions: John Haffner
Here is a solution if you want to pay the extra $$. I don’t have to have CarPlay, but. a better player experience would at least be appreciated. I installed the magbak charger in the upper left corner of the main screen to view and use Waze as needed.

I actually asked my family to get me that Carlinkit for christmas lol. I figure if it doesn't work well or stops working after a while, I'm not out any money. I ordered the Magbak charger myself, but I don't use a case on my 13 pro max. Will it still magnetize to the charger without a case?

Yes, the phone has the magnet built in it. My 12 the case ruined it staying, so I had to Buy a magnetic case. Bought a nice $19 one as they are trying to charge $40 for stupid plastic with a metal ring in it. I like the magbak, but it is not perfect. The very bottom of the screen is covered by the steering wheel at least at the height and distance I have my wheel. Still the best looking and working product IMHO.

Just got the message asking if I want to take delivery of an available unit now for a "slightly different" configuration.
I log in to look at what they're offering:
5 seat interior instead of 7 seat
Black interior instead of black and white
They're not honoring my March 2022 pricing and want me to pay $3000 more for something with $4000 less in options, effectively a $7000 price hike.
Is this supposed to be compelling? Do people actually agree to this? What a joke. Offer me at pre price-hike pricing that I was able to lock in for my order, so at least I'm just deciding between a lower config or not to save time. don't ask me to take a lower config for MORE money. SMH.

Just got the message asking if I want to take delivery of an available unit now for a "slightly different" configuration.
They're not honoring my March 2022 pricing and want me to pay $3000 more for something with $4000 less in options, effectively a $7000 price hike.
Is this supposed to be compelling? Do people actually agree to this? What a joke. Offer me at pre price-hike pricing that I was able to lock in for my order, so at least I'm just deciding between a lower config or not to save time. don't ask me to take a lower config for MORE money. SMH.
The price will be honored to the day you booked. But that price adjustment will happen when you select and confirm the configuration. Plus the 3750 will apply once the VIN is allotted and the MVPA. Is generated closer to the delivery date. The 510 number is the place to ask these question. Message them and they will get back to yo. I changed and they honored the old price.

Amazing how that goes 😁 , it's like saying pay me for a Lexus ES and I'll give you a Toyota Camry😅😅

The price will be honored to the day you booked. But that price adjustment will happen when you select and confirm the configuration. Plus the 3750 will apply once the VIN is allotted and the MVPA. Is generated closer to the delivery date. The 510 number is the place to ask these question. Message them and they will get back to yo. I changed and they honored the old price.
Personally I feel like they could adjust how they write these messages.

I asked and this is what they said:
"your base pricing would be maintained from your time of order if the vehicle is assigned to your account".
Reading it 3 or 4 times, now I get it, the vehicle in "if the vehicle" means the replacement/alternative and not the vehicle I ordered originally.

Just sent them a message to ask if another vehicle I found that is closer to my configuration is available and if so I'll take it.

OMG it never ends! Two weeks ago Tesla told me my car would arrive 12/12, and we scheduled delivery for 12/17. Yesterday I texted them asking if it had arrived and we're still on track for delivery... they said it had NOT yet arrived and they would reach out to the logistics team. Today I asked again and they eventually replied "Looks like there was an issue with the railcar your car was on. We will need to cancel you pick-up appointment for Saturday and reschedule once we receive an updated ETA."

W T Fffffffff! 🤯😭 What kind of issue can there be with a railcar (aside from derailing which would kill the car) that wasn't foreseeable? I live 2.5 hours from the delivery center so it's not simple to just go there whenever. The SA via text has been solicitous about everything, but still. I spent the last two weeks getting ready for the 17th... insurance, down payment, PPF/ceramic appointment, no conflicts with work schedule... and now it's back up in the air. 9 months, 6 days, and counting....

Personally I feel like they could adjust how they write these messages.

I asked and this is what they said:
"your base pricing would be maintained from your time of order if the vehicle is assigned to your account".
Reading it 3 or 4 times, now I get it, the vehicle in "if the vehicle" means the replacement/alternative and not the vehicle I ordered originally.

Just sent them a message to ask if another vehicle I found that is closer to my configuration is available and if so I'll take it.
Good luck! Hope that one is still available. I picked up my MYLR last week and love it. It does take a little getting used to but love it so far. I didn't think I would qualify for any of the rebate in January so was happy to get the $3750 for a Dec pick up.

Received!
Got a call from an SA today to clear the air and any misunderstandings. They reiterated that since I ordered in March, I would get the March pricing even if I accepted an earlier available car.
They confirmed they had a 7-seater MYLR in black on black with 19" wheels and it was in Carlsbad ready to go!
I told them, sounds like you made up my mind for me, let's do this!
My wife was pretty excited about white interior, but seeing black on black on person, we feel happy with our choice. We're going to get it wrapped anyway, but black will hold up against our two year old daughter better.

There were a few scratches they had to buff out (they pulled it into service and took care of it right away) but overall, damn this car is clean. Ours has matrix headlights, vision only and what I believe is comfort suspension. We had rented an MYLR (non performance) 2021 on Turo a month ago and honestly, that car we could feel almost all the bumps even though it also had gemini wheels. But this car feels more like a normal SUV.

Signed up for monthly FSD right away so we could use navigate on autopilot. I have to say, it's a very good system IMO. The lane changes weren't as conservative as I believed they would be.

And now to try to find an electrician to install a NEMA 14-50 and not charge us a buttload for it.