Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 - Tesla Model Y Increases price by $1,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simplifying the *why* pricing keeps going up to a single strawman / cause is making my head hurt. We're basically now in year 3 of what has been chaos since Covid-19 went global, unmasking the complexity of global supply chains, labor market dynamics, and now add the precipice of WW3 on top.

Here: Consumer Price Index Summary - 2022 M02 Results

Stay tuned for the March data, which will reflect current geopolitical events even more sharply.

Simplifying the *why* pricing keeps going up to a single strawman / cause is making my head hurt. We're basically now in year 3 of what has been chaos since Covid-19 went global, unmasking the complexity of global supply chains, labor market dynamics, and now add the precipice of WW3 on top.

Here: Consumer Price Index Summary - 2022 M02 Results

Stay tuned for the March data, which will reflect current geopolitical events even more sharply.
100% agreed. Also, wait for China’s Taiwan invasion which is coming and will destroy the chip supply.

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: mdsco and WhiteWi
I think this was a long time coming - supply chain shortages were supposed to last till 2023, and this was before the Russia-Ukraine issue. Prices for EV raw material has just simply gone up so, while Rivian & Tesla are the first to announce the price increases, other manufacturers will (I predict) follow suit in the next 3 months.

100% agreed. Also, wait for China’s Taiwan invasion which is coming and will destroy the chip supply.
I don’t think china will do that. At least I hope not. China has taken a long long time to grow their economy. They know a move like that would bring their economy to its knees. Besides the US holds most of chinas debt so they wouldn’t get that money back! It’s not like Russia. The Russian economy was small to start off with. I think china is more focused on prosperity and wealth than power. The opposite is true for Russia.

Reactions: mdsco
I don’t think china will do that. At least I hope not. China has taken a long long time to grow their economy. They know a move like that would bring their economy to its knees. Besides the US holds most of chinas debt so they wouldn’t get that money back! It’s not like Russia. The Russian economy was small to start off with. I think china is more focused on prosperity and wealth than power. The opposite is true for Russia.
I really hope so.