Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March 2022 - Tesla Model Y Increases price by $1,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla secretly increased the price of the Model Y by $1,000 today.

1646885093587.png

Can't say I'm surprised!

Looks like Tesla secretly increased the price of the Model Y by $1,000 today.

View attachment 779025

Can't say I'm surprised!
1000k increase price is likely to off set the coming increased prices for existing parts. Don’t think we will see more options. I test drove an ionig 5 limited for 58K nice for that price not as much fun to drive as the MYP. But I almost spit when they told me there was a 15k markup on the Ionia 5 if I want one (they had several). Needless to say now the ioniq 5 is not a 73k car. For that kind of money it’s not anything close to a 67k MYP. just my experience and IMO. Glad I went with a 22 MYP now when I drive by the dealer which is every day the dealer with all the ioniq 5’s with 15k markups and I slow down and “wave like have a good day I am :) And all that cash I saved is in my wallet and boy does if feel good.

I’m Canada it went up 2k which is suspect given the exchange rate is 1.26:1.
Model 3 also up 2k.

Now 84.1k for an LR Y same specs (blue/blk/tow) as my MYP I purchased in Feb for 87k. Delta is now only 3k. Throw on the ABoost for 3k cnd and delta is now $0!

I guess it could be a combo of parts increase or really just demand. Gas prices are soaring and Tesla is seeing increased demand globally.
So…why not? Corporate thinking.

Reactions: mangrove79
I have placed my order 2 weeks ago, with SA sort of pressing me " lock the price now", she may or may not have known, or she may have just used a technique called fear. The truth is that for a 65k vehicle, 1k is close to nothing, but the message is strong, it screams electrification and more profit. Both related to all the events that have and are changing the world as we know it.

Apparently the official reason is the rise of Nickel price, which is kinda true.
Makes delta literally nothing once ABoost and 20” inductions are added. If this was indeed a nickle pricing thing, then all trim levels would increase across the board. Perf has no increase as with all MS trims. Hmmm 🤔

Me thinks it’s supply demand and gas prices soaring so why not increase if we can as demand for EV’s skyrockets? Specifically the highest sales volume LR models.

I paid $49,990 for my LR AWD in July 2020. My plan was and is to upgrade to a new Y as soon as I can be guaranteed I get an Austin Y with the 4680 batteries. Am guessing the value of my car has increased as well so my plan should still be viable given my Y is paid for.

And if this was because of the cost of nickel, then wouldn't the price of every EV by any manufacturer increase?