TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

March 29th I get to join the club!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Eric_L, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Eric_L

Eric_L Member

My white P85D will be waiting for me at Tampa on that day. I think I will have to take my wife to Berns, unless someone has a better suggestion.

The anticipation is killing me - I haven't told any of my friends or family except my wife and kids. I am looking forward to seeing their 0-60 face!

2. swengl

swengl Member

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!

3. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

Berns is great if you live in Lakeland. But if you live in Tampa, pick someplace farther away. You're gonna want to drive! Welcome to the club and I hope to see you at some events.

4. Eric_L

Eric_L Member

Thanks, Rick. We are driving up from Port Charlotte.

5. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Then definitely celebrate at Bern's, and don't skip the dessert room.

Congratulations!!!

6. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

And the tour of the kitchen and wine cellar!

7. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Hi Eric,

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry

8. Eric_L

Eric_L Member

Thanks Larry;

I'm in. I also happen to be in a few other clubs; Charlotte County Gator Club; Charlotte Harbor United Brewers Society; The Conquistadors; and a few charity boards. Sounds more busy than it is. Looking forward to meeting Some Telsa peeps and participating in some fun events.

Go Gators!

-E

9. Eric_L

Eric_L Member

Good news! I got a call and my car will be ready to pick up this Saturday at 3. I am very happy to get it on the early side of late march.

I am, however, disappointed that I couldn't get a reservation at Bern's at a reasonable time. (they told me they could 'fit me in' at 10 - not.)

Any suggestions for a nice place to take my family?

10. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Mise En Place, Eddie V's, or Edison:Food+Drink Lab

11. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

For great beef to compete with Bern's there's always the Capital Grille at UTC on your way back home to Port Charlotte, or the Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse in downtown Sarasota.

Nobody can compete with the Bern's tour or the size of their wine collection.

Larry

12. Eric_L

Eric_L Member

Thanks for the tip. I've made reservations at Eddie Vs then got tickets to Lowery Park Zoo "Zoominations" event - Zoominations especially seems very appropriate for a first day as a Tesla owner.

13. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

So excited for you this Saturday! I'll be at Brio in International Plaza for my nephew's birthday. Not quite Eddie V's, but... I could celebrate the 2 year anniversary of the day I finalized my order for MY car! I just realized it was 3/21/13!

14. Eric_L

Eric_L Member

Eddie Vs was splendid. I think we had a new (nervous) waitress and she kept messing up our order. Fortunately we are good tempered people who found it endearing. And we were in a good mood because we just got our TESLA P85D!!!!
    W000T!
    It is like a cup of instant coffee in a microwave - any faster and we'd go back in time!
    We've been having a lot of fun taking our friends out for rides. I have to tell them all to squint, and when they ask why I answer 'To keep your eyes from popping our of your head when I do THIS!" (Zoooooom!)
    After we had dinner we saw Zoominations - highly recommended.
    Had a minor unfortunate incident at the zoo - we had to park on the lawn and the edge of the roadway scraped the bottom of the car when we backed out. A small strip of tape came off but all seems well. I'll stop by the shop next time I am in Tampa to get it inspected just to be safe.

15. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Glad you enjoyed Eddie V's, and really glad you got your new ride! It sounds like a day to remember forever, and every day from now on you'll still feel joy when you get ready to go anywhere in your car. And you will find reasons to go somewhere, trust me!