Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March For Science

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My favorite sign at the San Francisco march today:

IMG_3208.jpg

The March for Science in Victoria, BC was a wonderful event. I paired it up with also taking the kids to an Electric Vehicle show at the local museum which took place the same day. They had a great time checking out the TeslaXCanada trailer and getting up close (and into) a Model X and Model S. :D

What's this about? We get it, you're curmudgeonly when it comes to public science advocacy. But what's the purpose of an unexplained ellipsis around someone else's commitment?

I've been warned a few times about posting political views that do not align with the forum content.
So I decided to 'erase' the posting. It was too late to remove the K-12 comment.

Science is the foundation on which modern society is built and upon which future society depends. If we won't be smart enough as a people to give it it's due support through public recognition and funding, it falls on people like me to put forth more money and effort to show it the support it deserves and pick up the slack of those who fail to recognize the need.

Tesla is really a story about science. Science had a hand it creating the environmental problems we have today like global warming. Science had a hand in identifying these problems with credible research and evidence. And science had a hand in getting Tesla to where it is today with beginning to craft the solutions to those problems with EVs, solar panels, and grid storage products. It's an iterative process of knowledge acquisition and refinement that builds advanced society. And it must be nurtured for that advancement to continue.

Following up, while I can find some good causes on my own, if you wish to share some ideas about science organizations or other science based causes that people can donate or otherwise contribute to, please do. I need to pick out a few more organizations to support and would love to hear any recommendations from others.