Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

March Model 3 Unveil just drawings? No actual car? Disappointed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have vacillated between buying a Bolt and waiting for a Model 3. Now I'm leaning toward the latter. My wife's car will be paid off around December '16, and my car has been paid off for about 18 months. It will probably have about 80,000 miles on it by the time the Model 3 comes out, but I don't doubt it will last that long. Fortunately, I'm not in a situation where my current car has 200,000+ miles and I need a new car immediately. If it's delivered around Q1 2018, that's fine with me.

Agreed. Elon's logical response was too specific and is causing confusion. Then saying that they aren't sure how much to give away in March is also annoying.
it only causes problems here when we micro-analyze his statements.
Then the press reads the forums and it becomes "fact".
Then the forums discusses the "facts" as though they are FACTS :crying:

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly didn't expect to even see a prototype at the end of March. Some specs and renderings is what I've always expected.
I'm expecting driving prototypes just like the other model releases

We need to find out the name of the person who asked the question that way and run him over with a Bolt.

He was French. It was at the event in Chambourcy. Personally I think it was a case of "lost in translation." The reveal for the french will be in "pictures" - either by way of streaming or press releases or articles. The person asking wasn't literally going to see the physical car. He was going to see pictures of the car. Which might be why he asked it that way. And Elon answered the question he asked literally.

Definitely way too much analyzing.

He was French. It was at the event in Chambourcy. Personally I think it was a case of "lost in translation." The reveal for the french will be in "pictures" - either by way of streaming or press releases or articles. The person asking wasn't literally going to see the physical car. He was going to see pictures of the car. Which might be why he asked it that way. And Elon answered the question he asked literally.

Definitely way too much analyzing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sneak peak of Model reveal next month:

090824_r18713_p646.jpg