Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marina del Rey CA-Delivery Location - QC wait times - Aug 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! I wanted to check in with folks who have picked up their cars at Marina del Rey in the last couple of weeks. I received my MSM AWD VIN on Monday 8/13/2018 and that my car had arrived at the devilry location. By Tuesday morning (8/14/2018) I had everything in order financially and was squared away for delivery. My ISA then told me that quality inspection was backed up at Marina del Rey, and I would have to wait until it got through that step before scheduling delivery. Just wondering what the recent wait times have been for everyone. I feel like these last 4 days have been way harder than the previous 863 days!!

Res: 4/1/2016 11am PST online - - - - Final Config: 6/30/2018
LRD, MSM, 19", Black PUP, EAP --- Vin: 690XX

Awesome! Best of luck! Question, do you know how long the car has been there? When did you get your VIN? Congrats!!!

So funny story. My appointment was scheduled today at 11am. Yesterday, I emailed my DS to confirm my appointment, and she said that my car didn't arrive yet! With the other horror stories here in my mind, I asked to reschedule to Monday. Then this morning, I was moping around and decided to email my DS once more just for kicks to see if it did arrive, and she emailed back saying it did! So I hopped on an Uber and am getting there now!!!

My Vin is 44xxx. You're asking for the last few digits of the VIN right? I'm new at this.

Reactions: redblotch83
So funny story. My appointment was scheduled today at 11am. Yesterday, I emailed my DS to confirm my appointment, and she said that my car didn't arrive yet! With the other horror stories here in my mind, I asked to reschedule to Monday. Then this morning, I was moping around and decided to email my DS once more just for kicks to see if it did arrive, and she emailed back saying it did! So I hopped on an Uber and am getting there now!!!

My Vin is 44xxx. You're asking for the last few digits of the VIN right? I'm new at this.

That's awesome! Good luck!!

Hey guys! I wanted to check in with folks who have picked up their cars at Marina del Rey in the last couple of weeks. I received my MSM AWD VIN on Monday 8/13/2018 and that my car had arrived at the devilry location. By Tuesday morning (8/14/2018) I had everything in order financially and was squared away for delivery. My ISA then told me that quality inspection was backed up at Marina del Rey, and I would have to wait until it got through that step before scheduling delivery. Just wondering what the recent wait times have been for everyone. I feel like these last 4 days have been way harder than the previous 863 days!!

Res: 4/1/2016 11am PST online - - - - Final Config: 6/30/2018
LRD, MSM, 19", Black PUP, EAP --- Vin: 690XX

I am in the same situation.. Original delivery scheduled at MDR for 8/12 but received a call the day before that they had to cancel... Same reply.. A second QC inspection is required.. As soon as completed they will schedule delivery.. I was hoping it would only be a day or two but still no word...

Those were the ISA's exact wording!
"I will submit your paperwork now. As for scheduling delivery, there is a delay at Marina del Rey with the amount of cars they have, so now we must wait until the quality inspection is completed prior to scheduling delivery."
Maybe there’s a widespread issue with this batch of cars that requires additional quality inspection. Usually I don’t think they do this kind of stuff ;)

Guys it was awesome! Only 2 other people were there picking their cars up. They still were detailing stuff and charging my car so my Tesla guy paid for my Lyft to hang out at a plaza nearby and I returned after an hour and my baby was ready for me! She's gorgeous, no paint issues, everything looks perfect! Totally worth all the drama getting to this point. I'm in love! It's like bringing your baby home from the hospital! Hahaha

Guys it was awesome! Only 2 other people were there picking their cars up. They still were detailing stuff and charging my car so my Tesla guy paid for my Lyft to hang out at a plaza nearby and I returned after an hour and my baby was ready for me! She's gorgeous, no paint issues, everything looks perfect! Totally worth all the drama getting to this point. I'm in love! It's like bringing your baby home from the hospital! Hahaha

That's so great to hear! Glad it all went smoothly. Quick question - how long had it been since you were contacted by the ISA and given the original delivery date of this morning?

I'm in the same boat. Was told car would arrive at MDR on 8/9 2 weeks ago. Found out later it didn't, but has left Freemont. Now they won't give me any info other than they're waiting for logistics to schedule delivery and they don't have a delivery window. ISA also mentioned that "your Model 3 still has not gone through its quality inspection" and to be patient.

I suppose I should be happy they're taking quality inspections seriously given the frequency of posts about paint issues. Perhaps MDR is stepping up their game to catch these issues before hand-off so as to avoid more people having to take their cars into service for touch ups after delivery.

I'm just a bit annoyed as I sold my prev car already as I was expecting to take delivery last weekend, and now I have no idea when I'll get it. Just hope they get it through before my CU loan pre-approval expires, or I end up spending too much on amount on Lyft rides while I'm carless.

Reactions: redblotch83

Congrats... If there were only three deliveries maybe they have slowed things down to do additional QC..
Enjoy your new baby...