Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mario Kart nerf for Tesla's in HK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this has been out for a short while and since nobody have mentioned it, i will:

Drive your Tesla on Mario Kart's Rainbow Road with this cute Easter egg

doesn't work on my car (i have autopilot enabled, and i tried it on highways where it should work). Neither does the rainbow flashes at the charging port when you press the charger button 10times in a row either.

anyone else tried it/ got it to work? no, it does not have any functional uses, it's purely an easter egg. some other easter eggs (007 mode, "42" name, Tesla staff photo etc) work.

I tried it just now and it works on my 8/2015 P85D. I drove onto a highway with a central divider then pulled on the AutoPilot stalk towards me 4 times in quick successions and the rainbow road came on. I didn't hear any cowbells though....

On another note, Ludicrous Spaceballs mode doesn't work on mine (i.e. maybe because I don't have Ludicrous mode on mine; only Insane), Performance model option doesn't show up on mine after typing "performance" in the T prompt,

Neither does the rainbow flashes at the charging port when you press the charger button 10times in a row either.

The charging ports on the North American cars are different from ours, so they can have more electronics stuffed in (color flashing charging ring, motorized charge port door).

psychedelic cowbell road works for our cars though (at least the ones with AP).

The charging ports on the North American cars are different from ours, so they can have more electronics stuffed in (color flashing charging ring, motorized charge port door).

psychedelic cowbell road works for our cars though (at least the ones with AP).

They don't have "more electronics stuffed in" they just have a circular light. The motorised charge port door is for certain models only