TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mark Permanently Read?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by bxr140, Jan 11, 2015.

1. bxr140

bxr140 Member

Mods: So...is there any way to permanently mark/identify a thread such that it doesn't pop back up in the 'new posts' auto search? I've found this functionality helpful in other forums.

The way I read TMC is to first catch up on my subscribed threads through the usercp (it would be nice to have a bigger and more obvious button than the wee 'settings' link up there, but that's another topic...). Then I sift through the 'new posts' to see if there's any interesting new threads to which I want to subscribe. If I can get through all the pages of new posts I'll usually mark forums read, but of course if any of the threads i wasn't interested in get more action, they pop back into 'new posts'.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I know of no such option, but WOULD like the ability. Perhaps something like an "ignore" thread option so that it doesn't need to keep cluttering my list.