Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Funny
Reactions: madodel
Bloody hell, how do I keep myself occupied then? I might be forced to do some work :eek:

TE seems to be going in the right direction, with lots of little news stories popping-up about new insatllations. These aren't trumpeted by Tesla, but could be a dark-horse for future ER's

Regarding Tesla Energy, you might want to check out my post in the discussion thread. Should keep you occupied for a bit : )
General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

• Informative
Reactions: Tslynk67
We did use them but as time passed people started putting their strategies/trades here instead. Old-timers knew about them but old timers don't post their strategies a lot anymore, in general. IMO, the strategies got overrun by extremely bullish postings about 'buy now, the SP is about to explode upward' now, or at the latest, tomorrow.:rolleyes:

I am seeing both TSLA = $500 within 2 years and a recession within 3. Torn by which one is right. Worst is both are right and happen one after another. All our portfolios gets killed either way so not really worth discussing.

I am seeing both TSLA = $500 within 2 years and a recession within 3. Torn by which one is right. Worst is both are right and happen one after another. All our portfolios gets killed either way so not really worth discussing.

Thanks for your insight on this @Causalien. I have enjoyed seeing how frequently your Magic 8 Ball has been correct for about the last 5 years now. There is a lot of discussion on this board about how TSLA is more 'recession-proofed' than other stocks. Under your scenario of a recession in 3 years, how far do you think TSLA could fall, and perhaps more importantly how long before TSLA recovers to its pre-recession stock price? (i.e. for a Magic 8 Ball answer... 600 down to 300 and back to 600 in 2 years)

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: jbcarioca
Sadly, I think your least desirable outlook may be most probable.This discussion would belong in another thread, but we do have some major indicators that make such an outcome quite plausible.

Could you please walk us through how you concluded that "$500 within 2 years" is one of the likely outcomes? I have a fairly good understanding of Tesla's competitive advantages, and disadvantages, but I'm specifically interested in the $500 PT mathematically. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your insight on this @Causalien. I have enjoyed seeing how frequently your Magic 8 Ball has been correct for about the last 5 years now. There is a lot of discussion on this board about how TSLA is more 'recession-proofed' than other stocks. Under your scenario of a recession in 3 years, how far do you think TSLA could fall, and perhaps more importantly how long before TSLA recovers to its pre-recession stock price? (i.e. for a Magic 8 Ball answer... 600 down to 300 and back to 600 in 2 years)

Thanks in advance!

Interested as well.

In my case I also agree with this projection I just think the recession will happen in 18-24 months.
I think Tesla SP will lose 40-50% . Similarly to Apple in 2008.
I'm not sure from where it will fall, but I'd say somewhere in this range 550-700. to 275-350.

A lot will depend on the severity of the market crash and recession. We might only lose 40% or 60%+ if it's a stinky one. And it might be one, not because of the state of the economy in itself but because of the political tensions existing.

Interested as well.

In my case I also agree with this projection I just think the recession will happen in 18-24 months.
I think Tesla SP will lose 40-50% . Similarly to Apple in 2008.
I'm not sure from where it will fall, but I'd say somewhere in this range 550-700. to 275-350.

A lot will depend on the severity of the market crash and recession. We might only lose 40% or 60%+ if it's a stinky one. And it might be one, not because of the state of the economy in itself but because of the political tensions existing.
2008 was a once every 2-3 generations event. What makes you think the next recession would be that bad?

I think you’re right about both, though I could see a recession being 4-5 years out instead of 3. I could also see it happening sooner.

I think TSLA is more recession-resistant than most stocks. A recession would hurt the price:sales ratio (hopefully price:earnings ratio by then), but revenues should continue to grow. S/X sales would dip, but 3 sales should hold steady as it hoovers up former ICE owners, and Y, Semi, and Tesla Energy should be experiencing explosive growth as they offer savings over their competitors.

So during a recession, revenues should continue strong growth, and while the SP may flatline or even go lightly negative, it should be up relative to the rest of the market.

2008 was a once every 2-3 generations event. What makes you think the next recession would be that bad?

I don't think there is a debt issue at the extent of 2008.
My concern is the mix of recession (even if it won't be like in 2008) with political tensions (between the left and the right). That's a stinky recipe IMO. Especially as the recession will probably happen right before the next US elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.