Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A likely result of the high-tension tug-of-war between the longs and the shorts. Tesla is efficiently priced due to its large short-position, but the S&P Index Committee has refused to add it to the S&P 500, so it lacks the liquidity that most S&P 500 stocks have. Which means it can be pushed around a lot on seemingly minor news and rumors. Interestingly, any strategy that tries to profit from this will tend to boost liquidity, making the stock more stable.

So 0 line is $297?

I have to admit that the Jaguar iPace and Porsche MissionE vehicles look awesome, and I expect them to be production constrained for some time. Once these cars hit the market though, how will Jaguar or Porsche ever sell another ICE vehicle? I have to believe only an ill or mis-informed person would opt to buy an ICE Porsche if the MissionE is available. And if they have to wait, they might as well buy a Tesla. This will be quite the dilemma for ICE manufacturers who still believe EVs are a niche market and have limited ability to ramp production. I’m anxious to see how all this plays out, but I’d rather be in on team TSLA for this next round.

Competition is good for everyone including Tesla. It does not get more mainstream then GM, Hyundai, Nissan, Jag and Porsche. The fact that the newer EVs are not ugly means that they actually want people to want them. This mainstreaming will only help the leader, which is Tesla. Also, every car these competitors sells is one less icev that they sell which makes them far less profitable short term, though I think they are making the right long term decision. Tesla can't do it on their own, they need and planned on competitors being dragged kicking and screaming into EVs. This is what happens when their flagship cars drop in market share. It forces their hands.

As for the 'S', my previous car, before my Model S, was a Boxster, and I think when Porsche's Mission E comes out, it will be a formidable threat to the Model S, assuming it is not upgraded before then.

Formidable threat based on what? That it seats up to 7? That you can load it up with more Ikea than you can a minivan? That it'll have OTA updates that make the car better as it gets older? Or just that it's a sportier looking car?

You're probably right. The position was apparently created while SolarCity was being acquired and Tesla needed someone with experience in the accounting for solar panel installations. Such expertise may no longer be needed. Perhaps Branderiz found working under the CFO or Elon to be difficult, or he's seeking a more high profile position in the solar industry.

After-hours traders often react impulsively to what is really much ado about nothing.

Branderiz was an opportunist. He came to SolarCity from SunPower on 10/24/16 after SCTY burnt through four CFO's in five years (Bob Kelly, Brad Buss, Tanguy Serra, and Radford Small)

Brandriz' ISOs, non-qualified options, and RSUs did not begin to vest for a year. The RSUs had a zero basis, and the ISOs and non-qualified strikes were $181.45. Once those vested, he sold with both fists. Shares sold from his Form 4s:

9/5/17 99 Shares
10/24/17 1,736 Share
11/10/17 1,736 Shares
11/27/17 1,736 Shares
12/05/17 4,808 Shares
1/24/18 1,601 Shares
2/26/18 401 Shares
3/8/18 1,201 Shares

Those grants do not expire until 2026.

screen-shot-2018-03-07-at-7-18-16-am.jpg

현대는 2018 년에 150,000 대 이상의 200 마일 AER 전기 자동차를 만들 것인가?

문안 인사,
Elon

Formidable threat based on what? That it seats up to 7? That you can load it up with more Ikea than you can a minivan? That it'll have OTA updates that make the car better as it gets older? Or just that it's a sportier looking car?

The Mission E suicide doors will likely badly injure passengers during a T-bone accident. Lots of bears will soon have suicidal thoughts once Tesla hits 5,000 M3 per week.... perhaps Porsche is targeting this crowd of buyers?

By the time the mission E hits production, Tesla willl be on track to produce 400-500k units per year, with Porsche targeting 20k, without a supercharger network, and no GF to compete. The fact that the Mission E has zero autonomous capability will also be a huge disappointment to many. For those who are big on safety, those suicide doors is a big no-no.

Branderiz was an opportunist. He came to SolarCity from SunPower on 10/24/16 after SCTY burnt through four CFO's in five years (Bob Kelly, Brad Buss, Tanguy Serra, and Radford Small)

Brandriz' ISOs, non-qualified options, and RSUs did not begin to vest for a year. The RSUs had a zero basis, and the ISOs and non-qualified strikes were $181.45. Once those vested, he sold with both fists. Shares sold from his Form 4s:

9/5/17 99 Shares
10/24/17 1,736 Share
11/10/17 1,736 Shares
11/27/17 1,736 Shares
12/05/17 4,808 Shares
1/24/18 1,601 Shares
2/26/18 401 Shares
3/8/18 1,201 Shares

Those grants do not expire until 2026.

Holy cow! That’s about $4.5 million!

I don’t know how many were RSU and how many were ISO, but that’s— at minimum— $2 million above and beyond salary for less than a year & a half of work.

• Helpful
Reactions: immunogold
Doubt it. Does anyone here really care about the CAO leaving for personal reasons?
No, but the shorts might.
Exactly. Especially around a time when there’s literally no good news. You should see how active shorts were on Twitter after hearing this news. But that was an excellent job report though. We are saved. Let’s see if everyone can brush past this and take SP to close above green today.

Exactly. Especially around a time when there’s literally no good news. You should see how active shorts were on Twitter after hearing this news. But that was an excellent job report though. We are saved. Let’s see if everyone can brush past this and take SP to close above green today.

"we're saved?!" o_O From what? From a bunch of measly bears? I don't think you realize the three-year period of hyper-growth Tesla is about to enter with Model 3, then Semi, then Tesla Energy, then Model Y. Did anyone even know who the CAO was before last night?

Last edited:
"we're saved?!" o_O From what? From a bunch of measly bears? I don't think you realize the three-year period of hyper-growth Tesla is about to enter with Model 3, then the Semi, then Tesla Energy, then Model Y. Did anyone even know who the CAO was before last night?
It looks like VA the bull is re-emerging. Welcome back!

"we're saved?!" o_O From what? From a bunch of measly bears? I don't think you realize the three-year period of hyper-growth Tesla is about to enter with Model 3, then the Semi, then Tesla Energy, then Model Y. Did anyone even know who the CAO was before last night?
I meant for today. I have no doubt in Tesla for the long term whatsoever needless to say. LOL but you are absolutely right. No one knew who he was.

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Status
Not open for further replies.