Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they are looking to save money right now and just feed buckets of skittles to the semi-automated line workers to push that as far as it can go.

uNn17PO.png

While we are here cheering we have likely seen the bottom for TSLA, Option Sniper is currently buying more puts....is this not the end for this dramatic fall?
Option_Sniper on Twitter
Keep in mind he's a day trader, so these are extremely short term positions. By Monday or Tuesday, he may be buying gobs of weekly calls.

The biggest wildcard for next week is the overall market. Is it bottoming around the 200 MA? Or not? TSLA at this point is priced for a persistent failure with the model 3 ramp. Maybe it will continue to fail and disappoint further, but I don't think so.

I have been a real downer on the model 3 ramp, but I think we are finally seeing the signs of a real ramp. Next week we will need to see more confirmation in the form of more VIN assignments and even another batch of NHTSA registrations. I still think deliveries will be low but production should break 2k+ for an entire week or more. Its not going to be good enough to extrapolate the last 3 days of the quarter again. They need to come out and say, "We manufactured 2082 in the last full work week of the month and have doubled production during the quarter and the path to 5k is still very much in tact."

I have been a real downer on the model 3 ramp, but I think we are finally seeing the signs of a real ramp. Next week we will need to see more confirmation in the form of more VIN assignments and even another batch of NHTSA registrations. I still think deliveries will be low but production should break 2k+ for an entire week or more. Its not going to be good enough to extrapolate the last 3 days of the quarter again. They need to come out and say, "We manufactured 2082 in the last full work week of the month and have doubled production during the quarter and the path to 5k is still very much in tact."

Agreed, honestly I would rather read something like " We are currently at a pace of 1800/w for a full week and are seeing tremendous progresses, looking at increasing to 2500/w in the next 2 weeks, and in line to achieve 5000/w by end of quarter "

Than the BS " if we extrapolate the last 3 days of the quarter we achieved 2500/w ...."

Reactions: 2virgule5
Agreed, honestly I would rather read something like " We are currently at a pace of 1800/w for a full week and are seeing tremendous progresses, looking at increasing to 2500/w in the next 2 weeks, and in line to achieve 5000/w by end of quarter "

Than the BS " if we extrapolate the last 3 days of the quarter we achieved 2500/w ...."

I'd rather hear, "In the last three days of the quarter, we made 2,500 cars."

mike drop...
:D

(That will happen when they hit 10k/wk (2days) or 5k/wk with a 6 day work week)

He’s been contradicting himself all day, bought puts earlier and said tsla was stronger than he anticipated but he added more puts. He also said don’t trade on emotion but facts yet he keeps adding to Tesla puts which aren’t paying.

Also, this market is brutal. I’m starting to second guess my long positions but I know as soon as I sell things will dramatically go up

The TSLA chart admittedly looks pretty bleak now. Quite a swing from Wednesday when things appeared to have hit a strong bottom. The Trump tariff nonsense certainly came at a bad time.

The very recent uptake in VINs could be the saving grace, though. I certainly don't know what's going to happen, and I'm not willing to make a trade on it one way or the other right now.

LIT chart looks terrible to me right now too :(. Still looks like some downside to fill yet there.

• Informative
Reactions: 2virgule5

If the last few days of March is indeed producing at a faster rate than the previous full week, and is maintained into the 1st week of April, that would be a good message to convey also.

The TSLA chart admittedly looks pretty bleak now. Quite a swing from Wednesday when things appeared to have hit a strong bottom. The Trump tariff nonsense certainly came at a bad time..

Thats not even the worst. Messaging from white house about not considering to fire mueller should be trump speak for 'going to fire mueller soon', and hiring John Bolton who firmly seated controversially elected George W Bush by starting a war based on lies (Iraq) is quite an omnious choice for the situation we are in. In other words: macros as scary as never before.

Thats not even the worst. Messaging from white house about not considering to fire mueller should be trump speak for 'going to fire mueller soon', and hiring John Bolton who firmly seated controversially elected George W Bush by starting a war based on lies (Iraq) is quite an omnious choice for the situation we are in. In other words: macros as scary as never before.

To be honest macros appear to have almost reached another bottom to me. If more bad trade or politics news comes along that won’t matter though. Once again I’m not willing to bet one way or the other ;)

Reactions: madodel
Just three weeks ago Bolton was speaking of making a pre-emptive nuclear strike against n. Korea.. Trump has finally found someone as sick in the head as he is. Listen to today's podcast of Democracy Now for details.

Obviously, uncertain macro conditions are causing volatility in the markets.

My perspective is that investors who have planned out their asset allocations should stick to their plans. The Dotcom crash of ‘01 and the Financial Crisis of ‘08 teach the same lesson: acting on panic likely won’t result in a favorable outcome.

I’m not selling either. I have 543 core shares. Day trade 20-100 shares - goes up, sell - goes down I hold until
it goes back up.

Macro level we could see a 25% drop any day. The market will want to send a message to president and congress and scare them into compliance. We are in unchartered territory and anything, I mean anything is possible. I suspect president will be impeached which will lead to a calmer market.

A VIN 13205 assigned in model 3 invite spreadsheet. Production of 10K for Q1 is looking good now. If see VINs above 15k or 16k assigned by march end then that might indicate production of 11-12K for Q1. Which will also indicate 2000 weekly production rate in last week. NHSTA VINs needs to be also over 20K to confirm this trend. Deliveries will be restricted to 8K though may be plus/minus few hundreds.

Status
Not open for further replies.