Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of shorts are going to be looking to take profits all at the same time and it will spark a ferocious rally just like it did when the last delivery numbers were announced.

I hope so, but I think the key will be number of cars not delivered but en-route for delivery. And if the number can be broken down to include lots of Model 3 then I think that'll help with guessing on production rate. I doubt the report will include production rate since it's unprecedented - at least I never read them in the delivery reports before.

• Disagree
Reactions: MitchJi
I hope so, but I think the key will be number of cars not delivered but en-route for delivery. And if the number can be broken down to include lots of Model 3 then I think that'll help with guessing on production rate. I doubt the report will include production rate since it's unprecedented - at least I never read them in the delivery reports before.
Except I believe in Q3 conference call Tesla said they'd update us on production status when numbers come out right after EOQ (as in, just about now).

Another missed chance for CNBC to take a sell-side analyst to task. Osborne has definitely been making the rounds the past couple or few days. Some of what he has to say is actually laughable.

Here's why Telsa is a 'concept stock': Analyst

He's a smart boy, he cuts his forecast for 17Q4 after 17Q4 has ended. Do they actually pay him a salary for this incredible feat of percipience?

Another missed chance for CNBC to take a sell-side analyst to task. Osborne has definitely been making the rounds the past couple or few days. Some of what he has to say is actually laughable.

Here's why Telsa is a 'concept stock': Analyst

The intro to the CNBC video reads:

Jeffrey Osborne, Cowen & Company, discusses why he's cutting his price target for Tesla.

He did not cut his price target. In August he raised it to $170 from $155. It remains at $170 today.

The financial media need to take special care to publish correct information. Industry standards have really deteriorated since I retired.

The intro to the CNBC video reads:

Jeffrey Osborne, Cowen & Company, discusses why he's cutting his price target for Tesla.

He did not cut his price target. In August he raised it to $170 from $155. It remains at $170 today.

The financial media need to take special care to publish correct information. Industry standards have really deteriorated since I retired.
Has to do with the SEC going AWOL. Financial media probably have the same standards now that they did in the 1900s or 1920s before the SEC.

He's a smart boy, he cuts his forecast for 17Q4 after 17Q4 has ended. Do they actually pay him a salary for this incredible feat of percipience?

Jeffrey Osborne of Cowen is ranked near the bottom for analysts and experts by TipRanks. Success rate 47%. Returns of -1.2%. He initiated his coverage of TSLA with an underperform rating and $160 target price in September 2016. Now he's making the media rounds while regurgitating his antii-TSLA thesis. He may be hoping he accidentally gets it right this time so he can keep his career.

https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/jeff-osborne

Jeffrey Osborne of Cowen is ranked near the bottom for analysts and experts by TipRanks. Success rate 47%. Returns of -1.2%. He initiated his coverage of TSLA with an underperform rating and $160 target price in September 2016. Now he's making the media rounds while regurgitating his antii-TSLA thesis. He may be hoping he accidentally gets it right this time so he can keep his career.

-1.2% when we are 10 years into a stock rally? Tell me there is a monkey or dartboard that could have done worse?

-1.2% when we are 10 years into a stock rally? Tell me there is a monkey or dartboard that could have done worse?

It is interesting that every analyst I am aware of with a low Tesla price target, is at the bottom in terms of ability. I don't understand how they have a job, or get press coverage. When they show up on TV, the first thing that should be mentioned in the introduction, is "So, Mr. Osborne, you are one of the worst analysts on record, and are basically always wrong. Please give us your opinion on Tesla..."

It is interesting that every analyst I am aware of with a low Tesla price target, is at the bottom in terms of ability. I don't understand how they have a job, or get press coverage. When they show up on TV, the first thing that should be mentioned in the introduction, is "So, Mr. Osborne, you are one of the worst analysts on record, and are basically always wrong. Please give us your opinion on Tesla..."

Contrary indicators can be just as useful as reliable ones, when recognized for what they are. ;)

Then again, he may be doing precisely what he was hired to do, and as far as those paying him, right on the money. Not saying we know this to be the case, just another possible scenario.

Tesla Q4 2017 Vehicle Production and Deliveries (NASDAQ:TSLA)

PALO ALTO, Calif., Jan. 03, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In Q4, Tesla delivered 29,870 vehicles, of which 15,200 were Model S, 13,120 were Model X, and 1,550 were Model 3. This was once again our all-time best quarter for combined Model S and X deliveries, representing a 27% increase over Q4 2016, and a 9% increase over Q3 2017, our previous best quarter.

In total, we exceeded our previously announced guidance by delivering 101,312 Model S and X vehicles in 2017. This was a 33% increase over 2016.

In addition to Q4 deliveries, about 2,520 Model S and X vehicles and 860 Model 3 vehicles were in transit to customers at the end of the quarter. These will be counted as deliveries in Q1 2018.

In the last seven working days of the quarter, we made 793 Model 3's, and in the last few days, we hit a production rate on each of our manufacturing lines that extrapolates to over 1,000 Model 3's per week.

As we continue to focus on quality and efficiency rather than simply pushing for the highest possible volume in the shortest period of time, we expect to have a slightly more gradual ramp through Q1, likely ending the quarter at a weekly rate of about 2,500 Model 3 vehicles. We intend to achieve the 5,000 per week milestone by the end of Q2

Status
Not open for further replies.