Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lucked out by timing and circumstance.
I joined the U.S.M.C.R. in the summer of '58 between my junior and senior year in high school. Got released with an honorable discharge(which for me was just a good conduct discharge) in summer of '53. I didn't accept the offer to re-up, which was for me and any fellow marines a blessing. I would have made an incredibly bad combat marine and would have likely died along with any others near me at the time. Being a moral coward, I would have only rejoined if I could have been garanteed a pilot position, where I wouldn'd have to see anyone I killed. At the time I qualified physically and mentallly, but who knows what could happen after that?

Sorry, but didn't notice the error until now. That was summer of '63 when discharged. By the time I might have been drafted, I was in my 2nd year of grad school on an NDEA fellowship and had my first child.

Hard pass - a guy who says he went "there" to kill brown people. We don't want another neocon is Dem mask.

I don't know the context of the quote and could go either way in arguing his motivation (which we cannot know clearly). Has he been questioned about it? Unless you are a conscientious objector, any military deployment must entertain the prospect of killing. He could have been mocking himself for his naivete at the time, or it could be direct evidence of racial bias.

Reactions: skitown
old people.png

I'm continually amazed CNN pundits are puzzling over who might be picked by Trump to replace John Bolton. They should ask instead who the real power behind Trump will pick.

My sources in the Kremlin who monitor a men's room there, thanks to a bug left behind by USG's recently extracted spy, tell me the choice is clear: Dana Rohrabacher. I was going to end the last sentence with a smiley, but then I checked wikipedia for spelling of the guy's name and came across this: "Following the election of Donald Trump in 2016, Rohrabacher was on the shortlist for Secretary of State along with Mitt Romney and eventual pick Rex Tillerson.[2][3]"

Source: Dana Rohrabacher - Wikipedia

Kremlinology was the only tool outside government for goings on in the Kremlin. Now for the U.S. too.

• Informative
Reactions: Off Shore
I'm continually amazed CNN pundits are puzzling over who might be picked by Trump to replace John Bolton. They should ask instead who the real power behind Trump will pick.

My sources in the Kremlin who monitor a men's room there, thanks to a bug left behind by USG's recently extracted spy, tell me the choice is clear: Dana Rohrabacher. I was going to end the last sentence with a smiley, but then I checked wikipedia for spelling of the guy's name and came across this: "Following the election of Donald Trump in 2016, Rohrabacher was on the shortlist for Secretary of State along with Mitt Romney and eventual pick Rex Tillerson.[2][3]"

Source: Dana Rohrabacher - Wikipedia

Kremlinology was the only tool outside government for goings on in the Kremlin. Now for the U.S. too.

Now, thinking about domestic U.S. reaction, the Dems will be disappointed the post does not require confirmation but they will squeal as much out of this as possible. "Where is the House Un-American Activities Committee when its needed?" Look for Republicans who speak against this appointment as protection against a possible Democratic wave. (I don't think the vote will reflect reality—think cyber war. We haven't seen anything like its full potential.)

Rohrabacher probably couldn't get approved by the Senate, but National Security Advisor doesn't need Senate approval. I wouldn't be surprised if Rohrabacher became the next National Security Advisor. Trump will fight with him too.

Rick Wilson is right in the title of his book: "Everything Trump Touches Dies". Under normal times a stint in a presidential administration is a ticket to bigger and better things. That was even true in the GW Bush White House. But many ex-Trump people are finding it tough to get a job anywhere.

Today marks only the second or third time #45 has done something of substance with which I agree. Now, my father really liked John a lot; I never could stand him from my first encounter with him....30-35 years ago. Bolton is worse than Mac Bundy ever was. To me, he personifies the Angry White Man and the Ugly American rolled into one incredibly unpleasant package.

This inspired me to write my governor who just dropped his bid for the presidency and is running for a 3rd term as governor: Jay Inslee. I pointed out with the $150 registration fee with the MPGe and number of miles I drive, I'm paying the equivalent of $2.14 a gallon for gas. EV owners also have to pay sales taxes if they pay for charging somewhere and they pay taxes on their electricity usage (though not much). EVs also have less impact on roads and the immediate environment around roads than ICE. They don't leak oil or gasoline. Most ICE leak oil at some point and a gasoline leak can etch asphalt.

Reactions: Curt Renz
Status
Not open for further replies.