Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, T's statement of "I want nothing", "No quid pro quo" came on Sept 9th, apparently when the White House was already informed of the whistle blower complaint, and the same day a congressional inquiry started.

That means Sept 9th it was already game over, and 2 days later the military aid was released. So I don't see why republican intelligence committee members claim that to be exonerating in the first place. It does sound good on TV though.

For the Republicans in power it's all about politics and zero priority to anything else. Rule of law goes out the window when a Republican is accused of wrong doing, but every tiny mistake for a Democrat should be a capital offense. Forget the law, the constitution, the safety and security of the United States or its allies. The only thing that's important is the Republican party. If anything else benefits, it's a lucky happenstance.

Everything the Republicans are saying in the hearings is stuff for Fox News to air and to tell Trump and his rabid supporters they have his back.

My congresswoman is an Evangelical Republican. I've been crafting a letter to her that starts out with "by their actions ye shall know them".

Democrats have their failings and I don't agree with all their policy positions, but they do support rule of law, the constitution, and protecting the US and its allies far, far more than the Republicans do.

The below modified for fun (and to make a point):

"For the Democrats in power it's all about politics and zero priority to anything else. Rule of law goes out the window when a Democrat is accused of wrong doing, but every tiny mistake for a Republican should be a capital offense. Forget the law, the constitution, the safety and security of the United States or its allies. The only thing that's important is the Democratic party. If anything else benefits, it's a lucky happenstance.

Everything the Democrats are saying in the hearings is stuff for CNN and MSNBC to air and to tell their rabid supporters they will remove Trump for any, or no, reason whatsoever."

Amazing when you change a few nouns how things flip.

Point made: both parties are corrupt and NEVER to be trusted.

• Disagree
Reactions: UrsS
Too much going on today...I can't even catch up on the Main Thread...but wanted to share this with all. Art Buchwald from 1973. Go through those points and realize that there are only about three or four of them not appropriate for 46 years later. I'm floored.

On edit - stand by for technical difficulties....

Okay, here it is:
Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 11.22.20 AM.png

Too much going on today...I can't even catch up on the Main Thread...but wanted to share this with all. Art Buchwald from 1973. Go through those points and realize that there are only about three or four of them not appropriate for 46 years later. I'm floored.

On edit - stand by for technical difficulties....

Okay, here it is:
View attachment 480108

Agreed. But what about Chappaquiddick?

• Funny
Reactions: alloverx
Krystal Ball points out perhaps the most interesting thing about the last debate.........that nobody went after Pete B for inexcusably faking his Black endorsements just before a debate in Atlanta. And the moderators gave this question to Kamala Harris........the most obvious person to be angry about it. And she bit her lip, towed the DNC party line, and redirected her answer. I so sincerely think that this will still grow legs despite the effort by the DNC to cover it up, and it will be the end of Pete B as a result. This is worth 8 minutes:

I will say that Sanders has had an enormous influence on policy during the last two campaigns. I would vote for him over Trump.

They've done it once before successfully I might add.
Obama is very relevant.[/QUOTE
If his name doesn't apear on the primary ballot those of us who feel the same as we should write him in. The same goes for the general election.

. My congresswoman is an Evangelical Republican. I've been crafting a letter to her that starts out with "by their actions ye shall know them".
bbrabrasiobr
I got myself T-boned on Friday the 15th and my poor Model S had it's driver side rear door torn to shreds and the driver's door dented at the rear edge. The EMTs said we probably wouldn't have survived it we weren't in a Tesla. As it turned out my wife only had bruising and abrasions on her left breast from the seat belt and I have a broken neck. It isn't as bad as it sounds because the break was on the outside of the vertebrae so there was no spinal cord damage. Still it hurts like heck, and I've been on oxycodone and Tylenol for the last week. I'm still a week behind on email. Anyway, our congresswoman KMR talks like an evangelical too. I think they're all a bunch of hypocrites.

bbrabrasiobr
I got myself T-boned on Friday the 15th and my poor Model S had it's driver side rear door torn to shreds and the driver's door dented at the rear edge. The EMTs said we probably wouldn't have survived it we weren't in a Tesla. As it turned out my wife only had bruising and abrasions on her left breast from the seat belt and I have a broken neck. It isn't as bad as it sounds because the break was on the outside of the vertebrae so there was no spinal cord damage. Still it hurts like heck, and I've been on oxycodone and Tylenol for the last week. I'm still a week behind on email. Anyway, our congresswoman KMR talks like an evangelical too. I think they're all a bunch of hypocrites.

Ouch! That's the sort of injury that can be annoying for years, though thankfully not a serious threat to day to day life. I have a chipped vertebrae from a car accident in the 90s. I'm glad you and your wife are OK, but unfortunately the insurance company will probably total your car. :(

Hypocrisy really annoys me. If someone is going to channel Ayn Rand, I can accept it, even if I don't like their politics. Claiming to be religious and having completely circumstantial ethics really gets under my skin. Every Atheist I can recall has better ethics than most of the religious Republicans in Congress.

bbrabrasiobr

Deep concern and sorrow at your pain and near life threatening experience. Very glad to have you around to kick some more (pun intended).

In this flawed world, it is all about navigating the distinct flavors of corruption. Not. <--- joke

BTW: This may sound like a reference to the new episode of "For All Mankind", but it isn't. I hadn't seen it yet when I wrote this quote from the post above. I just saw it and it sounds strangely similar. There someone says: "Every political system is flawed. And every bureaucracy is corrupt."

What is it the catcher said about the fat lady? Early in primaries, impeachment articles not drawn up yet, market strong now, but....

At this point, the hearings generated a lot of "dots", and most people don't know how to "connect the dots". Most experts outside FoxNews appear to say the evidence is already more than strong enough. However I'm not aware of a concise story that focusses on the significant dots and the significant connections between these dots. Hopefully that is what the committee is currently working on.

However, that story will probably remain somewhat incomplete as the State Department and the White House are blocking documents and witnesses. So perhaps at some point the investigation needs to present the available case, and argue that it is strong enough to re-iterate the demand for fulfilling the subpoenas for documents and witnesses. If SD and WH continue to block, the case for "obstruction of congress" might be the strongest article of impeachment. However, getting public support for such an "academic" and "non-populist" point might not be easy, as is getting public support for such a central principle as "separation of power", even though vital for the functioning of democracy.

• Informative
Reactions: Unpilot
Status
Not open for further replies.