Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2020-1-7_12-30-47.png

Note - This is of course in no way intended to justify Trump. I gave up on supporting Centrist 'D's and 'R's after the 2016 Dem Primary's DNC shenanigans.........and all that they have done ever since has only further solidified that position. I am just pointing out that perhaps the Iran escalation this last week was not even an original choice out of an old playbook

View attachment 497676

Note - This is of course in no way intended to justify Trump. I gave up on supporting Centrist 'D's and 'R's after the 2016 Dem Primary's DNC shenanigans.........and all that they have done ever since has only further solidified that position. I am just pointing out that perhaps the Iran escalation this last week was not even an original choice out of an old playbook

And the other shoe drops.

McConnell Says He Will Proceed on Impeachment Trial Without Witness Deal

I wonder where he got these new votes from that were not there a few days ago? Romney? Rubio? Other AIPAC owned Senators?

How does this make any sense? Trump just killed the #2 of Putin's #1 ally and proxy in the Middle East.

Do you really believe Putin wanted this?

Trump kind of does Putin's bidding, but he's an idiot and will go too far. And as far as Putin is concerned a war between the US and Iran is good for Russia both in weapons sales and higher oil prices as long as the US doesn't invade and get close to Russia's borders, which is unlikely.

There is this story of the financial links between Trump and Russia:
Trump Deutsche Bank Loans Underwritten By Russian State-Owned Bank, Whistleblower Told FBI

View attachment 497676

Original? Nah.

• Informative
Reactions: Curt Renz
Maybe not specifically, but he probably wanted disruption, and the U.S.'s continued meddling where it doesn't belong. It further hurts our image in the world.

The assassination of an Austrian archduke in 1914 spiraled into World War I. The 1942 assassination of a German SS General led to horrendous retaliations against Czechs.

In 1956 President (former General) Eisenhower refused to join Britain, France and Israel in a war against Egypt. He did not want to turn the opinions of Middle Easterners against the United States.

In 1961 Eisenhower warned of the growing influence of what he called the Military-Industrial Complex. His draft included the word Congressional as part of the complex, but he was advised to delete that. Below is the video of that prime-time TV address to the nation three days before he left the White House.

Of course his advice was ignored, and resulted in me and many others being drafted and sent to Vietnam, and later the endless sending of troops to the Middle East.

After Eisenhower finished eight years in the White House, the former general said that his proudest accomplishment as president was the fact that no American military members were killed-in-action.

Last edited:
View attachment 497676

Funny thing about Clinton bombing during impeachment was that at a party he was introduced to some Hollywood director/producer. He asked them what movie they were working on … and what it was about. They were working on Wag The Dog.

In 1956 President (former General) Eisenhower refused to join Britain, France and Israel in a war against Egypt. He did not want to turn the opinions of Middle Easterners against the United States.

In 1961 Eisenhower warned of the growing influence of what he called the Military-Industrial Complex. His draft included the word Congressional as part of the complex, but he was advised to delete that. Below is the video of that prime-time TV address to the nation three days before he left the White House.

Of course his advice was ignored, and resulted in me and many others being drafted and sent to Vietnam, and later the endless sending of troops to the Middle East.

Eisenhower was the last republican president for whom I have any respect. That includes some democratic presidents as well. Jimmy Carter was probably too ethical for the job. But I respect him for that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Curt Renz
Funny thing about Clinton bombing during impeachment was that at a party he was introduced to some Hollywood director/producer. He asked them what movie they were working on … and what it was about. They were working on Wag The Dog.

Clinton did attack Iraq during the impeachment, but he also attacked Iraq several times during his administration. From the end of the first Gulf War until GW invaded the US led attacks on Iraq from time to time to keep their military capability in check.

Trump has used military force very few times in his presidency and this is the most significant military action he has done to date.

Not sure if this photo is real or not but if it is....Iran is in deep deep trouble
vEyJUMm.jpg

I'm skeptical about it considering it's making the rounds of the right wing conspiracy sites (I did a Google image search and that's the only place it shows up). The damage is also inconclusive. If that piece of wreckage had bounced around on the ground a few times before coming to rest there, there are things other than military weapons that could have punctured the skin.

It is highly suspicious that a Ukrainian airliner happens to go down in the middle of all this happening between the US and Iran with Russia acting as a peripheral player. And also just after the Iranians shot missiles at US bases in Iraq. It's not outside the realm of possibility that the airliner was shot down. But it could be a weird coincidence too.

There will probably be more on it in the next few days and at least some of the stories will be fake news.

Reactions: JRP3
How does this make any sense? Trump just killed the #2 of Putin's #1 ally and proxy in the Middle East.

Do you really believe Putin wanted this?
I don't think Putin cares. A conflict with Iran will help Russia sell more arms to them. It increases oil price. So atleast in the short run, Russia benefits.

ps : I'm surprised this has not already happened - but I expect countries threatened by US to start signing security deals with Russia. Because it looks like the only way to escape US aggression is to become a "friendly" state or have nukes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.