Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...In 2016, Trump asked Americans to vote for a revolution with a maverick at its helm. Democrats chose a safe, establishment candidate. This wasn’t the year to mess around, they said. They needed someone guaranteed to knock an inexperienced idiot like Trump out of the park. We know how that strategy ended up. Yet we are being sold the same reasoning again, as if 2016 — and the midterms in 2018, where a surge of young progressives won it for the Democratic Party — never happened.

There are a lot of swing voters in the United States. For better or worse, they tend to vote on issues that directly affect them, such as healthcare, personal taxation and gun rights. They made it loud and clear in 2016 that they wanted to drain the swamp, stick it to the establishment and bring the troops home from endless wars. Trump hasn’t held Wall Street or any of his billionaire buddies to account, but Bernie promises he will in no uncertain terms...
Can Biden beat Trump? The truth is he's just as risky as Bernie

Reactions: gene
You saw with Obama that major change doesn’t happen in the centre & Biden will be much the same.
If Bernie doesn’t get the nomination, I hope Biden loses. America needs Trump for another 4 years to learn. It’s amazing how many people have to be brought to their knees to bring about change. Sad but true.
I thought 4 years of Trump would be enough to educate people. Doesn’t look like it.

Jeep Cherroke, no. That's like wishing someone would maul a child's face because the kid didn't want to come inside when they were called. I like Bernie too, but Overlord Musk! Biden is eons better than Trump, and we can all hope he chooses someone young and competent as his VP because he may very well die in office.

Most anything is better than the Orange one, even if it's more moderate result than a lot of people want. Wishing otherwise is just being a sore loser because your team didn't win.

• Love
Reactions: phantasms
You saw with Obama that major change doesn’t happen in the centre & Biden will be much the same.
If Bernie doesn’t get the nomination, I hope Biden loses. America needs Trump for another 4 years to learn. It’s amazing how many people have to be brought to their knees to bring about change. Sad but true.
I thought 4 years of Trump would be enough to educate people. Doesn’t look like it.

As an avid Sanders supporter I do not support this message. Yes, it is shocking that this country seems unable to learn from previous mistakes. Yes, it is shocking that our candidate is someone who thinks natural gas is a transition fuel to a green future in 2050. It seems shocking that the Democratic Party has decided to put forth someone with dementia for the most important election in the history of this country. That said, we must, MUST, support the nominee. Frankly even more now because we all know we kissed that all important youth vote goodbye. :(

Best,
Gene

Reactions: gene and LN1_Casey
Bernie has decided to attack the Democratic party which ticked off Democrats on the fence, and there are quite a few people in this country who want a low drama president and Bernie is seen as bringing a different kind of drama to the presidency while Biden would likely be a low drama presidency.

Bernie appeals to the youth, but that's a demographic that does not turn out to vote in large numbers.
That's what's great about Bernie, the two parties are the crux of all our problems. Attacking the Democratic Party right now should drag in quite a few handfuls of Independent and rational GOP voters.

I think you'll be very surprised to see the <30 voter turnout this time around.

Wishing otherwise is just being a sore loser because your team didn't win.
I see it more as messaging the Democrats that business as usual just won't cut it. Their tactics failed in 2016, they are using the exact same tactics now. Why would they think it will work better this time? Trump's win was a signal that the Dems are still ignoring.

• Love
Reactions: phantasms and gene
I see it more as messaging the Democrats that business as usual just won't cut it. Their tactics failed in 2016, they are using the exact same tactics now. Why would they think it will work better this time? Trump's win was a signal that the Dems are still ignoring.

I honestly don't think the DNC will give a flying Etron about that. My bet is they'd view the young voters doing this as 4 year olds going, "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO GRANDMA'S, I'M GOING TO MY ROOM." and just continue on as they have been. It'll take actually replacing the fools to make any differences, and that will only happen if people go out and vote.

I honestly don't think the DNC will give a flying Etron about that. My bet is they'd view the young voters doing this as 4 year olds going, "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO GRANDMA'S, I'M GOING TO MY ROOM." and just continue on as they have been. It'll take actually replacing the fools to make any differences, and that will only happen if people go out and vote.
Does that include all of the idiots with the “RESIST” bumper stickers?

I agree completely. The Democratic party will not change back to it's FDR roots until we get rid of the Clintons who still seem to run the party.

The Republicans, for good or bad, had to do the same to the Bush legacy. Trump was able to do it while Bernie wasn't. I just don't think Bernie had the killer instinct or that the Democratic party is more corrupt.

upload_2020-3-4_11-3-43.png

Here are all the moderate presidents who got elected in the last 30 years
- Hillary
- Romney
- McCain
- Kerry
- Gore
- Dole

And last few Dem presidents have all been non-establishment (atleast on the surface)
- Obama
- Clinton
- Carter

Only reason Biden gets any votes is because AAs think it is loyal to vote for Obama VP. If Biden is the nominee this will be a repeat of '16 - but with Trump much more strong. Instead of e-mail you have Hunter/Ukraine. Trump will hammer "Senile Joe" for 6 months and win an easy re-election.

• Love
Reactions: JRP3 and Coolio2000
Status
Not open for further replies.