Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marketing Idea: Corporate Challenge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I posted this on the company thread, thought I'd offer it up here for fodder.

On my way to San Diego from San Antonio on Tuesday for business, I added a detour and flew to San Francisco to go to the Menlo Park showroom to see the Blue, Dolphin Grey, and Silver cars all together (last chance to change my mind before finalizing my contract). During my test drive, I asked the Tesla rep who comes in the most - he said Apple and Google execs, followed by Facebook. Lots of SF Giants execs too.

That got me thinkun'...

What if Tesla created a corporate challenge, whereby you could tag your reservation to your employer? They could do it for companies at different scales - over 10K employees, 5K-10K, down to under 100. They could set a timeframe and winners in each category would get serious Tesla swag. What if the winner of the 10K+ range got a free Model S if their total sales was over 100 (marketing at 1% of cost)? At lower levels you could get merchandise credit (hats for the whole office!), private factory tour, etc.

I could see Google and Apple duking it out to be the greenest big firm, etc. Maybe you create categories by industry, so environmental law firms in LA and SF can compete. Even state governments could buy fleets, rental car agencies, Exxon vs Mobil (hah!), the whole thing could really get crazy good out of control!

Come on George, bite on this one, it's not a totally lame idea.

What think the rest of the Tesla world?